UConnect 8.4C on Canadian import not working 2018 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brutus63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport with 8.4C UConnect radio in it. This truck, as the dealer website said, grew up in Canada. I bought it in Tennessee. To try and make a long story short I'm not able to use the UConnect app or SiriusXMGuardian. The assist button just gives an error message and the Activate services option in settings says to call an agent. The agent informs me that I need a Canadian address and to pay in Canadian dollars in order to be able to use it (even after I told the genius I live in Tennessee so obviously that's not possible). I'm then told to contact the dealer that there's nothing they can do about it. Talked to someone at the dealership 2 weeks ago and they said they'd get back to me. Checked back today and they're still waiting for an answer. Does anybody know of a solution to this problem or if there is actually a solution?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that it has to be activated
I also know that Canadians say that it does not work well

To me it would not be worth the money

Like one of the functions is:
If you are in another State & you flew to get there, your wife needs to use your Ram & the Key Fob is under the drivers seat.
She could call you & explain
You then use your cell phone to call the Sierra AIRCARD in your Ram, then you punch in a code & if your lucky the Rams door lock will Unlock fairly quickly.

Another function is basically the same, another code could start your Ram from far away

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well, you could use my address if you want, but I can tell you that having two of these, I don't pay or subscribe to the unconnect service. It is bascially crap I can easily live without. I am happy if the radio and GPS keep working on the crap system that is the FCA Uconnect radio system and that is not a given. Been waiting for over a month for a new head set for the 2020 Grand Cherokee becasue the GPS went out on that with less than 10,000 miiles on the clock. I am actually sorry I bought the Uconnect system. If they go out off warranty I will replace the whole shebang with an after market option.