UConnect and Android Auto on a 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prairieboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 and for the life of me, I cannot get android auto to be supported properly. I checked the UConnect website and it indicates I have the latest version of software and my Android Samsung has the latest software updates, but things just don't work properly in my opinion.

I connect my phone through the phone connections settings and I can make and receive calls, receive text messages but can only reply with the canned responses. And when I use navigation on my phone, I can see the turn by turn directions, but the audio that would normally go through the phone doesn't work properly with the truck systems as in I can't hear anything.

If I say "Hey Google" and try and send a message through my phone, I can, but again, the audio prompts can't be heard through the trucks speakers. I have android auto installed on my phone "I think", but it just doesn't work as expected. I am not connected using a cable and only using bluetooth.

My wife has a 2016 Cherokee and an iPhone and things work properly on her system for iPhones anyway.

Can someone explain to me if this is possible with my version of UConnect or is a problem with software and software versions?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Is this factory radio and what Uconnect system are you running?
Wireless Carplay and Android Auto were not available until Uconnect 5. Prior versions have to be connected via factory cable to access all usability.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Check phone settings under bluetooth select Uconnect and make sure everything is turned on. Also permissions for Android Auto.
Screenshot_20221004-120402_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20221004-120523_Package installer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

prairieboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is this factory radio and what Uconnect system are you running?
Wireless Carplay and Android Auto were not available until Uconnect 5. Prior versions have to be connected via factory cable to access all usability.
It is a factory radio and I'm not sure if it is Uconnect 5 or 4. I will try connecting with a cable and see if that makes a difference

OP
OP
P

prairieboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is a factory radio and I'm not sure if it is Uconnect 5 or 4. I will try connecting with a cable and see if that makes a difference
Turns out my UConnect is an 8.4AN/RA4 - so I'm not sure it is even capable.
I tried using a usb cable and trying to connect in Android Auto and I don't get anything - so maybe it'll just be another subtle nuance that I don't like about my Ram.

edit: I don't want to upgrade my radio to a newer version or buy any aftermarket parts to make it work.

Last edited:

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I have a 2015 ra4 radio in my 2013, does not have android auto.