Uconnect possessed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi everyone , I have a 2022 1500 Warlock classic with the Uconnect 8 no nav . I have had nothing but trouble with it . Started with the usual dumping presets ,so it was updated by dealer . Kinda helped that .
Other issues that have popped up are , data loading 45 minutes plus and multiple restarts before screen comes on . Steering wheel phone controls don't work , if android auto is not on you get see device manager or can't be used while vehicle is in motion .
The vr button works with android auto for directions but that's it . Tried to make a call and it called overseas so can't trust that . To make a call you have to say the number then it says calling whoever you are calling from your phone book .
Also getting low battery message on occasion.
Do the steering wheel controls work without Andriod auto , supposed to be able to do many functions such as change station , source look for song on usb , no beeps no nothing .
Has anyone else have these issues or do I simply not know what the heck I'm doing . Looking forward to your replies.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the behind the wheel buttons to change stations, volume, presets etc. I have a DT truck tho, but 8.4 U Connect, No NAV, No 911, nothing, just plain jane Radio and I use Apple car Play once in a while, no issues. ( U connect 4 Radio) (Also have a USB stick plugged in for other music and do have Sirius running) (Phone book works, can hit screen and search also) BIG CAVEAT: I am using an IPHONE, not ANDROID.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi everyone , I have a 2022 1500 Warlock classic with the Uconnect 8 no nav . I have had nothing but trouble with it . Started with the usual dumping presets ,so it was updated by dealer . Kinda helped that .
Other issues that have popped up are , data loading 45 minutes plus and multiple restarts before screen comes on . Steering wheel phone controls don't work , if android auto is not on you get see device manager or can't be used while vehicle is in motion .
The vr button works with android auto for directions but that's it . Tried to make a call and it called overseas so can't trust that . To make a call you have to say the number then it says calling whoever you are calling from your phone book .
Do the steering wheel controls work without Andriod auto , supposed to be able to do many functions such as change station , source look for song on usb , no beeps no nothing .
Has anyone else have these issues or do I simply not know what the heck I'm doing . Looking forward to your replies.
If you're still under warranty I'd see if @RamCares can help you with a replacement radio. If the dealer updated it to the latest firmware you may just have faulty hardware.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

When the electronics go crazy, regardless of age or length of time in service, we must always consider the battery.

It's the one common point to all the electronics and the battery works in tandem with the alternator.

Brand new batteries and alternators are not exempt from being faulty at the point of manufacture.

Also, reading the battery voltage with a multimeter is one of the easiest tests. If you don't own a multimeter or can't borrow one, it might be time to buy a basic unit.

You will always find a use for a multimeter around the house or working on your vehicle.

What is the battery voltage with the truck off and then with the engine at 1500-1800 rpm?

Off should be about 12.5 to 12.8 VDC +/-
At 1500-1800 rpm, 14.5 to 14.8 VDC +/-

OP
OP
S

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sorry should have been more specific, tthelow battery is for the uconnect system not the truck battery

Attachments

• 20230221_112247.jpg
    20230221_112247.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
S

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I agree, I think it's fubared ( frigged up beyond all recognition) . Soon time for a chat with the service manager , just a ****** nuisance.

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Radios are just pure crap...the old version gave me no headaches at all...I have to do a hard reset every other week just to get XM to work or sat error to go away..royal pain.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you're still under warranty I'd see if @RamCares can help you with a replacement radio. If the dealer updated it to the latest firmware you may just have faulty hardware.

I took my 2022 to the dealer and the radio was replaced but the replacement is worse than the first. Both RamCares and the dealership give a one finger salute. The radios are a POS, the warranty is worthless and Stellantis as well as the dealerships keep taking our money to the bank. Both the dealership and RamCares said to wait for the system upgrade. They should have said, wait on sending in your truck payment until the malfunctioning item covered by the warranty is corrected. I won't ever purchase another Stellantis vehicle unless the dealership installs an after market radio.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
2022?

Find a dealer whoo knows how to fix it or get it replaced with new OEM>

I would not be worrying about it if under warranty.
Worry part would be where is a good service dept.

go find one.

like a Wife, find a good and keep[ forever

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi smittyd174,

We're happy to have a look into this for you. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and software details for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares

OP
OP
S

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, I did a factory reset on my Uconnect system and another 30 minutes to tweak all settings and other stuff . It actually is working ,maybe not 100 %, but better than it ever has .
Companies are making stuff too techie to appeal to younger people , but the older generation is being forgotten . I can't imagine my 80 year old dad trying to figure this out , he doesn't even have a computer or cell phone . He's probably alot better off not getting caught up in the rat race .