UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually got a phone call from ram care Friday night. The guy wanted to make sure I got the email about it being a known issue. He confirmed there is no ETA.

I would have ripped him a new one over the phone, even if it has nothing to do with him.

They seriously called to make sure you know they arent fixing it? lol

Thechaz05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have ripped him a new one over the phone, even if it has nothing to do with him.

Oh I expressed my displeasure lol.
It sounds so bad it starts to give me a headache.
At least it’s starting to get warm out so I can open the windows and really enjoy the Carven exhaust.

Thechaz05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Oh I expressed my displeasure lol.
It sounds so bad it starts to give me a headache. At least it’s starting to get warm out so I can open the windows and really enjoy the Carven

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I guess I’ll have to log in and throw in my 2 cents as well!

BuggyMasters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took delivery of my 2019 challenger 1320 the other day. Amazingly....brand new car...with a black screen no one could figure out why. Radio worked, just can’t see anything. Then it came on. Then today it went black again. Brand new! Pulled and reinstalled fuse and got it back on. 3 model years now and it’s STILL not fixed, I can only hope heads have rolled over this complete abomination. From the best infotainment to the worst. A damn disgrace!

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Got an oil change and tire rotation today. Spoke with the service manager about Uconnect wrecking the tone controls in the 2018 8.4 system. He was well aware of the problem. He said UConnect is working on the software patch to fix it but the equalizer control issue is just one of many fixes that will be addressed. He said they are still working out the bugs in the overall OTA software package that is supposed to go out "before the end of the first quarter." I pointed out I've heard that sort of description of the deadline several times in the past. He agreed and said everyone was at the mercy of UConnect. He also said the 2019's are shipping with the new patch already in place.

I got a little bit of encouragement from hearing him describe it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got an oil change and tire rotation today. Spoke with the service manager about Uconnect wrecking the tone controls in the 2018 8.4 system. He was well aware of the problem. He said UConnect is working on the software patch to fix it but the equalizer control issue is just one of many fixes that will be addressed. He said they are still working out the bugs in the overall OTA software package that is supposed to go out "before the end of the first quarter." I pointed out I've heard that sort of description of the deadline several times in the past. He agreed and said everyone was at the mercy of UConnect. He also said the 2019's are shipping with the new patch already in place.

I got a little bit of encouragement from hearing him describe it.

If that is the case, we need someone here that just bought a 2019 to show us their s/w version.

Or ask your dealer to show you the newest truck they got in stock to see what the s/w is.