UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Here is the response i got back from RAM Customer Care:

Hello Jeffrey:

Thank you for your patience while I was looking into this issue for you.

I spoke with Uconnect personnel and they stated that they are still waiting for updates and there is no ETA of when they will be available. I am sorry as you will have to wait for that update.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at Ram Customer Assistance Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Sincerely,

Jody
Ram Customer Assistance Center

So who is Uconnect waiting on? Pioneer?

gsfitzsr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
My update back in September 2018 also ruined the sound quality of my radio. I have software version 18.20.2e and EQ version 3.4

When using Android Auto the volume initially starts at 15 and blasts way too loud. I turn down to 2 or 3 to make it tolerable. FYI, turning down is easy when driving, just turn the volume down while guidance is talking otherwise your just turning down the radio volume itself.

Uconnect has told me before the new update is rolling out across the US by regions. That was back in November and still no update for my system.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My update back in September 2018 also ruined the sound quality of my radio. I have software version 18.20.2e and EQ version 3.4

When using Android Auto the volume initially starts at 15 and blasts way too loud. I turn down to 2 or 3 to make it tolerable. FYI, turning down is easy when driving, just turn the volume down while guidance is talking otherwise your just turning down the radio volume itself.

Uconnect has told me before the new update is rolling out across the US by regions. That was back in November and still no update for my system.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to our Uconnect Anonymous support group :/

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is all I managed to squeeze out of them....

Screenshot_20190110-160305_Gmail.jpg

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's pretty sad that this ordeal has been going on almost 5 months.

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wrote to Chrysler customer care and told them to light a fire under Uconnect's @$$, they said they forwarded my message to Uconnect and I haven't heard a peep from Uconnect in over two weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Looking at getting out of my lease and into a similar 2019 because of this issue. If I can do it for revenue neutral or even just a tiny bit more per month I will do it. I've had my 2018 for only 8 months and only have about 5,000 miles on it.

This is so infuriating.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at getting out of my lease and into a similar 2019 because of this issue. If I can do it for revenue neutral or even just a tiny bit more per month I will do it. I've had my 2018 for only 8 months and only have about 5,000 miles on it.

This is so infuriating.

Careful, I have heard rumblings of the 19s having similar issues (maybe not the exact same problem after an update, but some people have noted bad audio quality)

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As much as I love my truck I've actually kicked around just changing brands altogether and driving an ugly truck that doesn't perform or ride as well. With the way FCA and Uconnect are sweeping the whole thing under the rug like it's nothing, I'd trade off everything I love about my truck just to be treated better as a paying customer. Last resort only though...I'm still crossing my fingers and holding out for now

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As much as I love my truck I've actually kicked around just changing brands altogether and driving an ugly truck that doesn't perform or ride as well. With the way FCA and Uconnect are sweeping the whole thing under the rug like it's nothing, I'd trade off everything I love about my truck just to be treated better as a paying customer. Last resort only though...I'm still crossing my fingers and holding out for now

And FCA/Uconnect couldnt care less, because they got your money already. Ashame, really.

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And FCA/Uconnect couldnt care less, because they got your money already. Ashame, really.
100% spot on and it sucks. I've bought an 05 neon, 09 Ram, 13 Charger, and now my 18 Ram... all new. At worst all they stand to lose is a repeat paycheck lol. I'm not there yet though.. I just want my jamz back dammit

LabRatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
WOW!! Just stumbled across this thread, my 6-speaker 2018 has not received this U-Connect update yet. Its is still running 17.43.44 (App version 19.9). Hope I didn't just jinx myself....

After reading through the AlfaOBD thread, someone mentioned when they set their 6 speaker system to an 9 speaker-Alpine system using AlfaOBD and the sound was terrible. Has anyone with the bad update verified their radio settings using AlfaOBD?