UConnect update for 5/21/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Does the update add new roads to the GPS?

A couple of 1 year old roads still aren't on my GPS. then again I have a Farmington GPS in other vehicle and its not updated with new roads either. That's on Garmin for the blame.

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well actually the connection with the iphone is great with bluetooth or usb. It shows album art, genres, playlists, podcasts etc.. I was surprised to see it work so well. It's really only missing the music video playback.

When I connect with USB I have a browse button which lets me browse artists, songs, playlists, etc. just like you can on the iPhone. When I connect via Bluetooth, the Browse button is replaced with a "Bluetooth" button.. So, it will play anything that is playing on the iPhone, and I can skip forward or back on whatever album or playlist is on, and I can see album artwork. But, if I want to browse or change to another album /,playlist I have to do that thru the iPhone. I was hoping this update would fix that (prior version for me was 13.06). Do you have the Browse button when connected via Bluetooth? I spent hours working my way thru support lines at Chrysler and could not get to anyone that understood the question.. They just kept saying it must be Apple's problem.. Called Apple too.. Guess what they said?

They don't carry old software versions, but I'd be reluctant to go backwards... I guess I'll just start hoping Apple fixes it in IOS 7...

Thanks!

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy had that same "memory not available in park" message and he took it to the dealer and I think they reflashed the evic module although I'm not positive. Regardless, it solved the problem so you might want to set up an appointment...

Thanks for the info!

Ram bo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that ting gots a hemi!
I had the system read my messages once, on a trip, but it didn't do it before or since, and tis was about a month & a half ago. iphone 4. I'm not gonna bother with "updates" until they get their "i" **** together.

OP
OP
J

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So can anyone with the iPhone use the Uconnect for messages? I have the iPhone 4S and it either doesn't work or I can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You can go into the bluetooth settings on the phone, find uConnect, and click the arrow to see the details. From there, you can turn on "Show Notifications". Once I did that, the messaging button on the truck screen became enabled and messages started coming through.

One good difference with the latest update is it tells you who the text is from. My original software on the 8.4AN just read the text and didn't say anything about the sender.

Also, the iPhone is not compatible with outgoing texts (yet at least), so you can't reply. But incoming works great for me. Good luck!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow that's amazing haha thanks so much for the info!! I never would have figured that out on my own. You rock!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well turns out that didn't work on my Uconnect lol. Got in my truck and did exactly what you said, but the "messaging" button under the "phone" screen is still disabled. Any idea why that wouldn't have worked?

erie_one

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 laramie 4x4 quad cab
Engine
hemi
I went in for an oil change / tire rotation / parking brake cable recall last Saturday and the dealer tried to do this update and could not get it to work. I've had no issues with any functionally at any level so I figure its no big deal to me. However, we have uconnect right? Why doesn't it update itself when needed like a real computer? The technology is there??

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well turns out after I turned the truck off and then on again that the "messages" button actually did get enabled. This is awesome!

OP
OP
J

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well turns out after I turned the truck off and then on again that the "messages" button actually did get enabled. This is awesome!

Glad it worked for you!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I find with my phone the messages button stays greyed out for the first 5 mins or so that I'm in my truck. I have and android phone so it may be different but just thought I'd throw that out there...

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I find with my phone the messages button stays greyed out for the first 5 mins or so that I'm in my truck. I have and android phone so it may be different but just thought I'd throw that out there...

Yea I'll check my system when I start the truck up today, and I suspect the same will be true for mine as well. That's probably why I had to restart my truck yesterday before it would work.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update for ya, mine does do the same thing. I had to drive it for a few minutes before the messaging button became available. So I'd say it's safe to assume its normal for it to take a bit to connect and go online.

Leveil22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update for ya, mine does do the same thing. I had to drive it for a few minutes before the messaging button became available. So I'd say it's safe to assume its normal for it to take a bit to connect and go online.

Is yours a iphone 5?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No I have the iPhone 4S.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Maybe with the next update it will work like its supposed too? If it makes you feel any better, my iPhone barely works anymore lol

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
The only issue I'm having with the uconnect system is I have to hit "Shuffle" every time I start up my truck when playing music through the USB port. Any one else experiencing this?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've never noticed that, but when I play music from my phone on Bluetooth, the Uconnect randomly turns the "repeat" and "shuffle" functions on, on my phone. It's really annoying. Fortunately I use the USB port mostly because I just leave my old iPod plugged in.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is yours a iphone 5?

My buddy has a '13 Laramie and his Iphone 5 works perfectly with it. I just updated his uconnect and it worked before and after the update. Might want to check with the dealer...