UConnect upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack7587

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have the 8.4 screen but it does not have the navigation. I'm wanting to add navigation. Ive been on UConnects website and haven't been able to figure anything out. I'm assuming that it's just a software update. Any info to help would be great.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The dealer will charge $500+ to add nav you can pick up a used 8.4an (14/15 yr) for around the same price maybe less.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
Good idea

Going to the site sounds like a great idea after the dealer I bought my truck from wasted my time and efforts.

First -- I went on a day the accessories person told me I could go but the person was not there in service.

Second -- The day I did go, I was asked to pay...AGAIN...I paid when I bought the truck, Einstein. I was asked to show proof...dude you are the service center and the dealership is less than a football field away...I was coming from work and in a long sleeved dress shirt (I was going to return to work), slacks and dress shoes in the Texas summer time 95 degrees plus with humidity...so I walked back to get the paperwork and when I gave it to him, he looked at it as if I forged the paperwork and still called the dealership!!
The install is supposed to take about 1.5/2 hours...I was there much longer and would still be there if I did not follow up with the cashier...she said it was ready hours ago and the truck was just sitting there...

The system is not complicated to understand but no one came to show me the features, hand me a guide, etc....
The worst part is that I paid $1,000 for the service...

I called other dealerships around town and of course the charge is $500. I returned to the STEALERSHIP I bought my truck from and asked what else do I get with the system...no one knew and no one has returned my numerous calls...

I am writing a letter about ALL of my experiences at the dealership and will forward the letter to the owner of the dealership, regional managers and Fiat/Dodge in Michigan. I have the email addresses for the shot callers at Fiat/Dodge because a friend of a friend of a friend worked in Detroit on a consulting project...

If I could, I would return the vehicle and buy it elsewhere.