Uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlw910

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own a company and have multiple Ram trucks in my fleet. I recently bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn for my own use and moved my previous truck 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel into my fleet and assigned it to a project manager. In trying to set up the Uconnect Guardian for him to use on his truck and be separate from mine, Uconnect informed me they cannot do this as I own both trucks. I am having to share my login information and PIN number with my employee so he can utilize the Uconnect Guardian features (remote start, diagnostics, theft tracking, etc). I have been able to add him as an "additional driver" but that is it.
Does that sound correct? I cannot imagine that I am the only person in this situation as I would expect numerous companies do the same thing in assigning vehicles to their employees. I do not like sharing personal login information.
Any input would be appreciated.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yep. The Uconnect services are VIN specific. Thefore apply to registered owners.

Jim77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Do i have to pay monthly fee for the Uconnect Guardian? if the truck is stolen, can i check the smartphone where it is at location?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
There is a free trial period for new vehicles, beyond that there is a subscription charge per month, or you can pay annually. The plans are listed here, they have differing features per plan. I have the "Convenience+Security" package and the functions work pretty well for me.

Yes, you can locate the vehicle anytime using the app if your plan includes the locator feature. I'm surprised FCA does not have some sort of package for fleet owners like yourself.

If you are allowing an employee access to your login information, you'd have to remember to change the PIN/login is he leaves your employment. I'd say you are correct to be wary of sharing this information unless you really trust this employee.