UPDATE: Fox Suspension on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup. Same thing on my end. I don’t have a compressor though.

I opted for the compressor just for the fact I load and load my truck. I hook up to a trailer quite often then unhook at the end of the day. Makes sense at that point. If I was to just add/remove air once or twice a month I would do it manually.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I opted for the compressor just for the fact I load and load my truck. I hook up to a trailer quite often then unhook at the end of the day. Makes sense at that point. If I was to just add/remove air once or twice a month I would do it manually.
I have been doing it manually, probly just a few times a month at most, and i still want the damn compressor lol.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been doing it manually, probly just a few times a month at most, and i still want the damn compressor lol.

It is nice for fine tuning and letting air out lol. Just hit up or down and it's taken care of. They are at least in stock now when I got mine they were back ordered.

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
5,000lbs air bags with daystar cradles. Bottom of the bag is not attached let's them move freely when not in use.
This is what I did, too. Although, I used Timber Grove airbags. Why? I found a guy locally selling them cheap. I ran the lines to my license plate bolt holes and put the schrader valves there. I use a bike pump to put air in for the times that I tow or have an extremely heavy load.

Another thing that I do, and is personal preference, is I vacuum the bags up when I am done. I bought a hand operated vacuum pump and suck the bags up until they are collapsed. It means I don't have bump-stops, but I am ok with that. The first time I went offroad with the bags installed and no air in them, I could hear the "slap, slap, slap" as the bags moved in and out of the cradles. It drove me nuts! I found a review on Amazon that mentioned vacuuming the bags and I decided to try it. I have been doing it the last year with no issues.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Wanted to start a new thread as I have narrowed down my solution or so I hope! Thank you to everyone who commented on the previous post about my situation. After talking with Don at Thuren this morning, we've decided to hold tight on moving forward with his setup until I have a better idea on which route I want to go with his stuff.

With that being said here's what I'm leaning towards and hoping you have some input:

Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Front shocks: Part# 099 (last 3) shows for 2-3.5" and part# 098 is for 0-1.5". Fox tech recommended #099 for 2-3.5" for the power wagon but couldn't say 100%. Any insight?

Fox 2.0 IFP Rear Shocks Part# 169

And Thurens King Steering Stabilizer

Thanks in advance for any input. Looking to place the order today as I'm in a tight time crunch to get the blown out OEM Bilstein situation fixed before a camping trip that starts on the 12th.
Congratulations! Don's a very nice guy and a small business. He's extremely knowledgeable and will dial in your system but not oversell you. I've had his King 2.5's for 10 yrs now.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what I did, too. Although, I used Timber Grove airbags. Why? I found a guy locally selling them cheap. I ran the lines to my license plate bolt holes and put the schrader valves there. I use a bike pump to put air in for the times that I tow or have an extremely heavy load.

Another thing that I do, and is personal preference, is I vacuum the bags up when I am done. I bought a hand operated vacuum pump and suck the bags up until they are collapsed.

I don't have a power wagon but 22' 3500. I use my bags too much to vacuum the air out. Airlift airbags have internal bump stops on most.

Pat K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins TD
I added the Carli pintop leveling kit to my 3500. What a great difference in the ride. Wish I'd done it sooner.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Fox’s are in… Thuren Coils tomorrow.
0700 Wednesday morning we turn wrenches boys

Attachments

• E7E37388-9346-4FDD-B1B1-6A8213F05DCC.jpeg
    E7E37388-9346-4FDD-B1B1-6A8213F05DCC.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 16

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup can't blame you there. Where did you mount your compressor?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup can't blame you there. Where did you mount your compressor?

There is a lot of room under the bed up by the cab passenger side. I mounted it to the bed support to help tuck it away. I then ran the intake hose all the way up to the stake pocket. We don't salt the road around here so I don't have to worry too much.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I was hoping there was a magic spot inside. We have salt. I got rid of my rambox truck so I don’t have that option.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was hoping there was a magic spot inside. We have salt. I got rid of my rambox truck so I don’t have that option.

Maybe under the rear seat? The compressor is not very big. It would get loud time to time and you would have to run air line and power into the cab. If you had a in bed tool box that would be best I am doing on board air in my tool box soon. I don't know how you guys deal with the salt I couldn't do it after living with out it.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed mine in the Under floor storage Bin on the Driver side. Lined it with sound Mat and it did help. I used the AirLift 74000.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Thuren just showed up to the party. Super fast shipping.

Pulling the right tools out and doing a layout/walk through of everything this afternoon.

Any pointers or pro tips before I get started bright and early tomorrow morning?

Attachments

• 8D84752D-C1CD-4F98-A2C1-4AD13FA2C67A.jpeg
    8D84752D-C1CD-4F98-A2C1-4AD13FA2C67A.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 4

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
dont' forget to disconnect your sway bar end links. use two jacks if you are doing it on the garage floor and get the frame jacked up under jack stands as high as you can so you have room to drop the axle down far enough. make sure you disconnect the locker wiring and brake line brackets. That's about it.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
dont' forget to disconnect your sway bar end links. use two jacks if you are doing it on the garage floor and get the frame jacked up under jack stands as high as you can so you have room to drop the axle down far enough. make sure you disconnect the locker wiring and brake line brackets. That's about it.
I knew of the sway bar but didn’t know if everything else was mandatory.