UPDATE: Fox Suspension on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Wanted to start a new thread as I have narrowed down my solution or so I hope! Thank you to everyone who commented on the previous post about my situation. After talking with Don at Thuren this morning, we've decided to hold tight on moving forward with his setup until I have a better idea on which route I want to go with his stuff.

With that being said here's what I'm leaning towards and hoping you have some input:

Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Front shocks: Part# 099 (last 3) shows for 2-3.5" and part# 098 is for 0-1.5". Fox tech recommended #099 for 2-3.5" for the power wagon but couldn't say 100%. Any insight?

Fox 2.0 IFP Rear Shocks Part# 169

And Thurens King Steering Stabilizer

Thanks in advance for any input. Looking to place the order today as I'm in a tight time crunch to get the blown out OEM Bilstein situation fixed before a camping trip that starts on the 12th.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Trigger pulled...

Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir w/ CD Adjusters up front (985-26-099)
Fox 2.0 IFP Rear Shocks in the back (985-24-202)
Thuren King Steering Stabilizer

Added Thuren's Front 1/2" and Rear stock height coils to go with these shocks. Everything should be here by the middle of next week. Enough time to install everything and head out on a week long camping adventure out of the truck.

Curious how everything will blend. If this setup proves not to be efficient, the above shocks will come off, and I'll be added to their waiting list for their King 2.5's...

Last edited:

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will notice big difference. Thuren tuned shocks and springs are great. I have a 3500 so a bit different in the rear but I know fox 2.0 over stock were definitely noticeable. Going from fox 2.0 to king 2.5 was even noticeable. Difference 2.0 is a softer ride and bottom out easier and 2.5s ride firmer feels more stable but when you hit a bump the do their job. With thuren suspension I can drive off a curb and feels like I landed on a pillow. With the track bar and king damper as well I can hit 3in of standing water with no pull or movement in the wheel. Ruts and pot holes no jerk at all.

Coll4646

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Added Thuren's Front 1/2" and Rear stock height coils to go with these shocks. Everything should be by the middle of next week. Enough time to install everything and head out on a week long camping adventure out of the truck.

Curious how everything will blend. If this setup proves not be efficient, the above shocks will come off, and I'll be added to their waiting list for their King 2.5's...

I bought almost the exact same set from them this week, ETA is Wednesday next week. Would have gotten the Fox w/ reservoirs but it said they were back ordered by a few months, almost want to hold off installing the Fox 2.0’s to see if yours come in quickly!

Only thing I didn’t get was the steering stabilizer. Interested to see your feedback on that, may add it down the road.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Message moved below with your replies tagged.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Heck yeaaaaaaaaaa. Keep us updated on how you feel it changed the truck.

My track bar and coils and fox reservoir shocks made a big difference.

You will notice big difference. Thuren tuned shocks and springs are great. I have a 3500 so a bit different in the rear but I know fox 2.0 over stock were definitely noticeable. Going from fox 2.0 to king 2.5 was even noticeable. Difference 2.0 is a softer ride and bottom out easier and 2.5s ride firmer feels more stable but when you hit a bump the do their job. With thuren suspension I can drive off a curb and feels like I landed on a pillow. With the track bar and king damper as well I can hit 3in of standing water with no pull or movement in the wheel. Ruts and pot holes no jerk at all.

I bought almost the exact same set from them this week, ETA is Wednesday next week. Would have gotten the Fox w/ reservoirs but it said they were back ordered by a few months, almost want to hold off installing the Fox 2.0’s to see if yours come in quickly!

Only thing I didn’t get was the steering stabilizer. Interested to see your feedback on that, may add it down the road.

I think a crucial detail in all of this, is that I did not go with the Thuren tuned shocks. Yes they have the standard 2.0 IFP's in stock for that kit, but I wanted the 2.0 Remote Resi's. So unfortunately I out sourced those and the 2.0 IFP's for the rear from somewhere else.

This is my only concern in all of this. That the shocks I have enroute are not from Thuren. Which is why I stated, if this proves to not be efficient, they'll get taken right back off, and I'm going to then go with their fully tuned system with King 2.5's.

Everything minus the stabilizer should be here by Tuesday night, so the wrenching begins then. I will keep everyone updated on the install, as well as throughout the camping trip.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think a crucial detail in all of this, is that I did not go with the Thuren tuned shocks. Yes they have the standard 2.0 IFP's in stock for that kit, but I wanted the 2.0 Remote Resi's. So unfortunately I out sourced those and the 2.0 IFP's for the rear from somewhere else.

Even with non thuren shocks you will see a difference. I did the same as you with the fox 2.0 but I found thuren king 2.5 on a local Market so I picked them up. Only 1000 miles on them.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Even with non thuren shocks you will see a difference. I did the same as you with the fox 2.0 but I found thuren king 2.5 on a local Market so I picked them up. Only 1000 miles on them.

Right on brother. I can't wait to see what the difference is. Only concern is the amount of weight I put in the bed for camping trips and towing my 21' bass boat. Hoping it's not super squatted.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
toss in air bags. you'll be fine as long as you aren't crazy over weight the bags will level you out.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right on brother. I can't wait to see what the difference is. Only concern is the amount of weight I put in the bed for camping trips and towing my 21' bass boat. Hoping it's not super squatted.

5,000lbs air bags with daystar cradles. Bottom of the bag is not attached let's them move freely when not in use.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yup. that's what I did. get the stainless setup. Also make sure you get stainless bolts that bolt the plate to where you removed the bump stops. all stainless.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup. that's what I did. get the stainless setup. Also make sure you get stainless bolts that bolt the plate to where you removed the bump stops. all stainless.

You much live close to Salt belt lol. We don't salt road in oregon unless it gets really severe ice. We use a vegetable oil bases de-icer.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
5,000lbs air bags with daystar cradles. Bottom of the bag is not attached let's them move freely when not in use.

Show me your ways. Need links or part numbers men! I’m on it, just point me in the right direction. Never messed with bags before.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you install the airbags per instructions but instead of bolting the bottom of the air bag to the mount you install the cradles.

This is the set up I went with. Airlift 5000 wireless one air compressor.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup. Same thing on my end. I don’t have a compressor though. When you bolt that steal plate to where the bump stop was just stainless bolts in case you ever wanna take the plate off.