UPDATE ON 02/27/2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
so as I was pulling into my carport yesterday my 12 inch display signaled me that there was an update available. Did the update and now I have no satellite service. or at least as of last night I had no satellite service. going to go check it in a few minutes to see if it restored itself. also noticed a lot of functionality of the u connect was gone. none of my climate controls worked and other things were missing from the menu. had this happen one time before when I had disconnected the negative battery for some mods I was doing to the engine but it righted itself after some time. hoping this is the case now. anyone else have an issue after an update? I will update after I check it this morning.

OP
OP
dc73pdsgt

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
Ok just checked the system and all appears to be functioning. Only strange thing is when I look at media I don’t see satellite as a source I have to press on select sources and it appears there... it used to be in the list above my radio selections. All other functionality has returned....

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I had an issue awhile back and disconnected the battery. When I reconnected SiriusXM was gone.

Log into the RAM owner's site or into SiriusXM. From your account you should be able to send a refresh signal to your truck. It says it could take up to 4 hours but I had SiriusXM back in about 15 minutes and everything was as before.

If you don't have an account you can probably call SiriusXM and give the your radio ID number (from one of your 750 e-mails you get every month offering you a deal to renew your subscription) and have them send a refresh signal.