Upgrade to power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omilon69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
So I was told that the to use the folding mirrors, turn signals and puddle lights that you needed a LER sales code. Well that made no sense, the dealership turned on everything but the folding part. They said we tried everything and couldn't get them to fold. But come to find out the LER sales code is on the listing for the door modules themselves. That is why the dealer looked at me like I was nuts, and said we can't find a LER sales code to make them function. But they were able to get the mirror lights and heating functions to work. So with that being said the Modules needed are 68225102AC/68225103AC not the ones that end in 100AC and 101AC.

Omilon69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I just put a set of power folders on my 2018 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew cab , (Tradesman) so I had to buck up for the driver side module but didn't see the reason for the passenger side module being as they both fold at the same time So I just ran two wires over to the other mirror and joined the light blue and yellow That's coming out of the drivers door module and just ran them(I used 16/2 so it was easier to run than 2 separate wires) colour for colour to the passengers mirror and I got dog ears one went in when one went out, so I just switched the wires on the passenger side and Bingo it's working great quite interesting though i've cycled them probably 25-30 times and no codes no issues so if you're willing to run two wires under the dash and through the factory door wire chase I had to carefully drill the driver side after I pulled out the plugs but there is a spot available and driver side was totally open as it doesn't have the second plug like the driver side does so I guess my question is why do we need the second module just over $200 Cdn. Plus shipping I live in Northern Canada so shipping is always an issue new and maybe 50 bucks used cheaper than that on eBay but I can't find one they're not that common or if you're lucky auto wrecker I don't know just saying food for thought what do you guys think, I guess it's not technically plug-and-play but I used an electrician's fish tape to pull the wire through just make sure it taped and well so I didn't snag any unwanted wires and it was quite easy to get through the centre console and the satisfaction I saved a few bucks, I don't know if those wires are traceable because they do exist in the harness I may have over thought that One a little bit LOL but I wouldn't think so if you need that second module so yeah I think you would have to run that wire anyways it was kind of a fun project to figure out cheers hope this helps somebody

Last edited: