Upgrade to power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesplains

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went from non auto folding tow mirrors to folding regular mirrors om my 2017 Rebel. Here is where I got them. Just drop in the new modular, put mirrors on and they send the device to program them. Not cheap, but well worth the hassle of folding/unfolding everyday to get in/out of garage.

infotainment.com

i

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from non auto folding tow mirrors to folding regular mirrors om my 2017 Rebel. Here is where I got them. Just drop in the new modular, put mirrors on and they send the device to program them. Not cheap, but well worth the hassle of folding/unfolding everyday to get in/out of garage.

infotainment.com

i
I take it that you can't use your existing mirrors and just order the two modules and door switch. Would love to get rid of my tow mirrors, or at least be able to fold them with a switch. But for $1600? Wow

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you keep your eyes open you can normally find a used set for $150-300. Then you would need the door modules, about $100 and the door switch about another $100. You can then buy the obd genie for $300 or use the AlphaOBD. All in, if you find the right deals, you should be able to do it for about $400 give or take.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does anyone know the part#'s for the mirrors, modules and the switch to do this mod?

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you keep your eyes open you can normally find a used set for $150-300. Then you would need the door modules, about $100 and the door switch about another $100. You can then buy the obd genie for $300 or use the AlphaOBD. All in, if you find the right deals, you should be able to do it for about $400 give or take.

My buddy has these mirrors and he wants to trade mine for his - I have tow mirrors.

I was told that I just need to swap the mirrors and get a sales code plugged into the truck and the mirrors would work - using my existing door modules.

wesplains

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My original modules did not even have the button for auto folding mirrors. Thus the need for modules. I offered my non auto tow mirrors to a guy for 1/2 of what the cost and he thought that was too much, so I kept them.
Yes they are expensive, but my truck will not fit in my garage without the mirrors folded in.

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too would love to add the power folding Tow mirrors to my 2017 Crew if any knows the part numbers needed to complete this would be great or if someone near would want to do a swap we could work something out.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was told that the to use the folding mirrors, turn signals and puddle lights that you needed a LER sales code. Well that made no sense, the dealership turned on everything but the folding part. They said we tried everything and couldn't get them to fold. But come to find out the LER sales code is on the listing for the door modules themselves. That is why the dealer looked at me like I was nuts, and said we can't find a LER sales code to make them function. But they were able to get the mirror lights and heating functions to work. So with that being said the Modules needed are 68225102AC/68225103AC not the ones that end in 100AC and 101AC.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Dealership was only able to turn on puddle lights and turn signals for me.I bought the genie to activate the folding.I believe you can activate the folding with ALFAOBD.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To anyone wanting to add the LER power folding mirror code it can only be done by the dealer on certain trim levels of trucks. The code is in your BCM but it is blocked from their view and they cannot enable it. That being said it CAN EASILY be enabled using the alpha tool in a matter of minutes. Many of us have successfully done it. Of course you will need the correct door modules and master door switch as well. I reccomend checking out the alpha obd app thread to anyone interested in installing power fold mirrors. It can also be used to add many other options the dealers cannot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To anyone wanting to add the LER power folding mirror code it can only be done by the dealer on certain trim levels of trucks. The code is in your BCM but it is blocked from their view and they cannot enable it. That being said it CAN EASILY be enabled using the alpha tool in a matter of minutes. Many of us have successfully done it. Of course you will need the correct door modules and master door switch as well. I reccomend checking out the alpha obd app thread to anyone interested in installing power fold mirrors. It can also be used to add many other options the dealers cannot.

yes your completely right in what you say but I never knew there was another set of door modules until recently. I kept looking but never seen any postings stating that until now. HAHA, everyone just kept telling me I needed the LER sales code from the dealer. When I went to the dealer they looked at me like I was stupid and that code doesn't exist. But alas I have power folding mirrors. You should put your latest post on its own feed for people to find easily. :favorites13:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Along the same line - does anyone know if the 09-12 mirrors are compatible with electronics from a 17 truck?

I know the seats arent, but wasnt sure about mirrors (power, heat, power folding and auto-tilting)

Thanks.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Along the same line - does anyone know if the 09-12 mirrors are compatible with electronics from a 17 truck?

I know the seats arent, but wasnt sure about mirrors (power, heat, power folding and auto-tilting)

Thanks.
The 13 to 17 mirrors have the outside temp sensor on the drivers side mirror, the 09 to 12"s do not. If you install a 09 to 12 drivers side mirror on a 13 or newer Ram your outside temp will automatically default to -40° because the truck cannot detect the outside temp and you may also get a check engine light.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Nope, 13+ mirrors have an extra ambient temperature sensor in the mirror that will give you faults if your done have it.

M² Mods.

Deepjeep85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

What are the setting that need to be changed with the alpha obd when adding the power fold mirrors?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the setting that need to be changed with the alpha obd when adding the power fold mirrors?
Only one code is needed. Doors section. Doors folding mirrors present......select yes. 7ab15be9bbb3d4ec81187fdec32d17d9.jpg

Deepjeep85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Only one code is needed. Doors section. Doors folding mirrors present......select yes. 7ab15be9bbb3d4ec81187fdec32d17d9.jpg

Thanks I was kind of confused because my door modules have the extra port for the power fold mirrors, but they still don't work by changing this setting. Mine is an express and I didn't even look at the module pn when I had the doors off. I just assumed that the original mirrors only had one plug where the power folding have two, but it did have the extra port on my stock door modules so they would work. I guess I will need the 68225102AC/103AC modules

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Thanks I was kind of confused because my door modules have the extra port for the power fold mirrors, but they still don't work by changing this setting. Mine is an express and I didn't even look at the module pn when I had the doors off. I just assumed that the original mirrors only had one plug where the power folding have two, but it did have the extra port on my stock door modules so they would work. I guess I will need the 68225102AC/103AC modules
If you have an express you have to change door modules.I changed mine.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The ports might be there (in all of them) but there are no pins in the port....so the wire plugs in but connects to nothing.