Upgrading 2014 Ram Tradesmen radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtech54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a 2014 Ram Tradesmen and the P.O. has removed the factory radio and installed an aftermarket tuner style radio with no display. Also cut the connector off. I would like to put something similar to OE back in. My daily is a 2021 Durango and like having Navigation. Anyone have any info on upgrades and where to get parts. I have searched and read through the upgrade post. Jus would like to get a list together of what’s needed and start purchasing while I’m fixing the engine.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If your wanting to go OEM then consider upgrading to a UAS or UAQ from an '18 or newer Gen4 truck. It will give you the ability to use AndroidAuto/CarPlay which is light years better navigation that the built in OEM navigation.
There's an entire thread on the what/how to do the upgrade:

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My '13 had an 8.5A that had developed issues. I installed a Pioneer DMH-WC5700NEX with iDataLink Maestro. It gives the ability to use wireless Carplay which is nice, (I can use Google Maps and Spotify through Carplay). It also gives me the cimate controls I had through the original head unit. I can also read error codes and reset them if needed right from the head unit along with monitor a bunch of vehicle information (pretty much everything t hat is available through the center cluster display)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
More options to consider, can be found at

it will bring up a list of multiple radio options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members