Vertical Streaks on Power Window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Hey guys,

I have an issue with what looks to be, streaks caused by rolling the window up and down. The problem? I've tried everything I could think of to remove it. I tried windex, acetone, rubbing compound, lighter fluid (idk), household cleaner, acetone + 0000 steel wool, sponges, microfiber, terry cloths, etc. Still there. Take a look at the picture of it after I tried everything mentioned. I'm pretty much dumbfounded right now, to be honest. You'd think it'd come off fairly easily but I'm starting to think that it might be scratches. Any clue on what to do?1234p4n.jpg

As a side note, I just installed new, stiffer shocks to the rear today and it's already worlds better.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Unfortunately......

OP
OP
L

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I was suspecting that, and you guys are spot on. It (probably) would have come off after some heavy buffing and cleaning if it was anything else. Guess I'll have to eventually buy a machine polisher and a glass polishing kit. For now though, my money goes to more practical things, like a five speed swap and engine work. Lol. $100 for clear glass ain't worth it IMO, it's barely noticeable most of the time. The windshield has a chip in it and the paint is showing age (hasn't been polished since being repainted five years ago after a hailstorm and bodywork). Lots of issues. The dash is falling apart. But the thing drives like a champ especially after the new shocks in the rear. I'm installing the front ones this weekend hopefully.