vibration while slowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
so ive got another issue...my truck has a vibration while slowing down... its not the brakes, ive had the rotors milled and put new brakes on front and back as well as new drums on the back, replaced the calipers and had the wheel bearings checked and tires balanced...it feels like a hanger bearing but it has a straight drive line, ive checked both drive lines during movement and they don't seem to be out of balance... the rearend looks like it has leaked some and the transfer case looks like it had prior leakage but nothing current...the pumpkin on the rearend does have recent leakage which I plan on tearing apart next weekend and putting new oil and seals in...just curious if anybody else has ran into this issue with their ram... if anybody is curious its a 97 ram 2500 4x4 extended cab short box lariat package

OP
OP
bones

bones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
think I figured it out...my rearend pumpkin has a bad input shaft seal...could be the issue??

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I don't think a leaking seal would cause vibration when slowing down. When you tear down the rear end make sure you take a good look at all the bearing; also check how much slack you have in the ring & pinion gears.

OP
OP
bones

bones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 magnum
Thanks for the advice boss...gonna be tearing into it later today to see what the issue is... Got a complete rebuild kit w/posi trac so we'll see how this goes

mumbles84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have this problem also same truck all of my suspension bushing are cracked and dry rotted that just expllains the bad ride I have the plenuim leaking that might becuasing my problem I had the same problem with gm truck after spending tons of money I sold it still not fix now that I'm dealling with it again I hafve found a thread that this could be a sign of bad torq convertor mine dose it at 30-50 mph it like a bad u joint but I just change all of mine and still has it checked the rear ends nothing wrong their