Waiting on my new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Once your Ram goes into Shipping or Transit
Ram has no control over trains or trucks schedules

Before the shortage of drivers for the semi trucks
The dealerships usually had an ETA

Kenton007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi MDS
It's almost Halloween any word it'll be here on time?
I'm currently working in the Atlanta, GA area. Had to head back home last week to pick up another work trailer and was hoping my new truck would be ready to haul it back to GA. Sad to Say, it was not delivered. I did get an update and the VIN just showed up on Oct 30th in the Window Sticker Link; https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=??? (copy link to browser and substitute your vin after the equal sign). I stopped into the dealership in Appleton, WI and was told that it was loaded on rail in Mexico and has a new expected delivery date on November 14th.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Usually the ETA is given with a week or so time span

Hopefully it will arrive on November 14th

I am not positive, but i think that Wisconsin is one of the few States where no freight trains stop to drop off cars, trucks or Vans
So that would mean that your Order will be unloaded at the Major Railway Hub in Naperville, Illinios, right next door to Chicago.
From there it will be loaded on a car hauler & delivered to your dealership

Good Luck & stay safe

Kenton007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi MDS
Time to Celebrate!!! Just got a call from my Dealer in Appleton, WI that my New truck arrived!! Flight from Atlanta on Tuesday the 30th. Once I'm over the initial shock I will take photos and Post! Will drive it back to the Atlanta area and see how it handles with my work trailer.

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Congratulation!
that site is about as good as it gets for tracking

When you send in your order, you will often see
Status C, means that they have your order
Status D, means the parts are in Inventory
Status D1 means they have a date & time to begin your build
If all goes well, a couple of days later, your Ram will be loaded onto a Freight Car, or if you live close to the assembly plant, it could be loaded onto a semi truck

Most times if the Ram is built in Michigan, from order to delivery is 8 - 10 weeks
If the Ram is built in Saltillo Mexico, add about 2 weeks to that

I don't work or know anybody that works for the Assembly Plants

Don't be surprised if the FIRST 2022 Heavy Duty Rams that are Customer Orders start being made either last or this week

IF you have received a VIN number for your 2022 Heavy Duty made in Mexico Ram, look at the last numbers of the VIN
That is the Sequential Order that they will be built.

Maybe someone that is waiting on a 2022 Heavy Duty Ram could start a discussion that involves when a Ram's sequential number is delivered.
That way you may be able to estimate when yours will arrive
Salesman called and my truck is built. Advised its across the street waiting to be shipped. I have a copy of my Build List and MSRP sticker. So.......... waiting still. Rail to Nashville TN, any idea how long the wait maybe?

Sash

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ram1500
I have ordered a f150 7 weeks a go and the order is not pulled from the dealer, I contact the dealer today and ill be lucky if I get the truck b4 summer of 2022

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
BigRig6601
Your order was a Ram HD, they come out of Saltillo Mexico
Down in Mexico they need to have 8 - 10 HD Rams going to Tennessee to fill a freight car

In Tennessee, they have 2 places where they unload Chrysler vehicles
Memphis & Nashville, of course, if you live near Bristol, they could drop a freight car off at Charlotte

From Saltillo Mexico the freight train enters the USA at Eagle Pass Texas
Then it travels through the Dallas/Ft Worth area, then quite possibly to Kansas City, then into Tennessee.

I would have to guess that the train might take 10 to 14 days to a location near you, but then they would have to schedule a Car Hauler to get your Ram the rest of the way to your dealership

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
BigRig6601
Your order was a Ram HD, they come out of Saltillo Mexico
Down in Mexico they need to have 8 - 10 HD Rams going to Tennessee to fill a freight car

In Tennessee, they have 2 places where they unload Chrysler vehicles
Memphis & Nashville, of course, if you live near Bristol, they could drop a freight car off at Charlotte

From Saltillo Mexico the freight train enters the USA at Eagle Pass Texas
Then it travels through the Dallas/Ft Worth area, then quite possibly to Kansas City, then into Tennessee.

I would have to guess that the train might take 10 to 14 days to a location near you, but then they would have to schedule a Car Hauler to get your Ram the rest of the way to your dealership
Thank you for the information. May be another 3-4 weeks. Ordered it first part of July. Never seen times like this.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Pre Covid, Orders accepted to delivery time ran right at 16 weeks for vehicles coming out of Mexico.
Lets hope that yours comes in soon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I totally feel your pain but I ordered my 2022 mid July and all I have is a VIN #. :(
Someone gave me this link to check my status.
Have you gotten any information back on your truck? Mine is supposedly built and across the road waiting to be shipped.............. I will believe it when I see it. I have my MSRP sticker and thanks to you my build list.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you gotten any information back on your truck? Mine is supposedly built and across the road waiting to be shipped.............. I will believe it when I see it. I have my MSRP sticker and thanks to you my build list.
I’m suppose to get mine the beginning or mid December. I also got my build list. I’m hoping it’s the beginning of December.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
And how did you get your MSRP sticker?

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I’m suppose to get mine the beginning or mid December. I also got my build list. I’m hoping it’s the beginning of December.
I was told December 12th for mine. I’ve offered to fly to where ever and pick mine up. Good luck, hope we’re both pleasantly surprised on the delivery date.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was told December 12th for mine. I’ve offered to fly to where ever and pick mine up. Good luck, hope we’re both pleasantly surprised on the delivery date.
How did You get your MSRP Sticker? I’m guessing your dealership is gonna say no because they have to look it over make sure nothing is wrong from the factory n such. Prayers ours are here before the 12.

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Copy and paste this link with your VIN after the equal (=) symbol. Paste it to your search engine and this should give you your MSRP sticker. https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Yes, I hope we get our trucks before the 12th. Planning a trip to the Smokey Mountains and would love very much driving it. Sounds like our trucks are on the same delivery path. Good luck!

Skinpuppy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ordered my 2500 on August 9th and it showed up November 16th. Dealer told me when I ordered that it would be here end of December. Arrived alot sooner than expected.

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ordered mine on July 6th and still no truck. Was told by salesman that it’s scheduled to arrive at dealership on December 12th. I have my doubts…….. not toward salesperson but my doubt is in Dodge.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Copy and paste this link with your VIN after the equal (=) symbol. Paste it to your search engine and this should give you your MSRP sticker. https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Yes, I hope we get our trucks before the 12th. Planning a trip to the Smokey Mountains and would love very much driving it. Sounds like our trucks are on the same delivery path. Good luck!
Thank you. You too! And safe travels thru the Smokey Mountains

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ordered mine on July 6th and still no truck. Was told by salesman that it’s scheduled to arrive at dealership on December 12th. I have my doubts…….. not toward salesperson but my doubt is in Dodge.
:(