Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I should know this, my truck I bought new 2018 6.4 Hemi has a 3-year 36000 mile warranty is that it? I know the lifetime unlimited mileage warranties no longer exists for purchase. What am I missing here and what warranties are offered for purchase once I get close to 36000 Miles? Thanks.

David

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good thanks. Looks like the power train is good for 5 year 100k miles. Good truck and I don't see having any problems with it. Should have bought the lifetime when it was offered. Oh well. Thanks again.

I thought they lowered the power train to 5/60 on gassers. It's probably in that link but I'm too lazy to check (I have a lifetime on my Hemi :))

Typically, you can buy the extended warranty right up until your 3/36 expires but I think it may get a bit more expensive the closer you get. Definitely, go factory backed rather than some 3rd party junk. And you can buy from any dealer in the country. I bought from Ziegler. I think another name I see mentioned often is Clay Robbins.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they lowered the power train to 5/60 on gassers. It's probably in that link but I'm too lazy to check (I have a lifetime on my Hemi :))

Typically, you can buy the extended warranty right up until your 3/36 expires but I think it may get a bit more expensive the closer you get. Definitely, go factory backed rather than some 3rd party junk. And you can buy from any dealer in the country. I bought from Ziegler. I think another name I see mentioned often is Clay Robbins.
The price goes up like $180 after 12mos/12K miles so get it before then and save a little money.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I ended up buying the mopar extended coverage for mine. Price was descent, and if bought on line, you can get a descent discount.

OP
OP
Hd74ica

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good thanks. Looks like the power train is good for 5 year 100k miles. Good truck and I don't see having any problems with it. Should have bought the lifetime when it was offered. Oh well. Thanks again.

Spoke too soon 5 year 60k miles is correct.

David

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
They just called me today trying to sell me a 7yr 100k bumper to bumper for 3200 if you don’t use it they return your money

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
if you don’t use it they return your money

That adds an interesting dynamic - say you're almost to the end and get a small problem..... you'd probably opt to repair it yourself.

Tanman_2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the 5yr 100k bumper to bumper on my 2018 2500 hemi. I think it was a $1200 option

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
With all the high tech electronic sensors and crap, I decided to go with the Mopar coverage as well. 8 years & 60,000 miles as I average about 4800 per year. Less than 6 miles to work. I saved $150 because I just bought in December 2018 and another $150 for being an FCA employee. Roughly $1700.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just an FYI, if you do purchase an extended warranty, the extended warranty start date will be the date you took delivery of the vehicle.

OP
OP
Hd74ica

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an FYI, if you do purchase an extended warranty, the extended warranty start date will be the date you took delivery of the vehicle.
Yeah I don't like that idea at all. When I get toward the end if my 3 years manufacturer warranty I'll contact MOPAR and see what they offer.

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hmmm I wonder why the one they offered me was almost double what you guys paid ?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hmmm I wonder why the one they offered me was almost double what you guys paid ?

Best strategy when at the dealer is to decline everything at the point of sale but remember the last number they gave you if you're at all interested. Finance guys feed their families off selling these things so they will usually fall all over themselves to get you to buy ANYTHING. Take the last number and shop it around to other dealers and decide if you want to buy. Never, never, never jump on the first number they give. They try for totally criminal amounts of profit at first.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
They just called me today trying to sell me a 7yr 100k bumper to bumper for 3200 if you don’t use it they return your money

That's something I'd want to see in writing. Not saying it isn't true, however that would seem to completely defeat the purpose of selling an extended warranty since those are profit centers.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That's something I'd want to see in writing. Not saying it isn't true, however that would seem to completely defeat the purpose of selling an extended warranty since those are profit centers.

With a MaxCare warranty, it is a pro-rated refund (based on time and mileage), not the amount you paid. Be aware there are cancellation fees and surcharges based on the state the plan was purchased in. The MaxCare can also be transferred and of course, there is a transfer fee, the amount based on the state the plan was purchased in.

This is what the small print says on my plan which is from 2015.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
With a MaxCare warranty, it is a pro-rated refund (based on time and mileage), not the amount you paid. Be aware there are cancellation fees and surcharges based on the state the plan was purchased in. The MaxCare can also be transferred and of course, there is a transfer fee, the amount based on the state the plan was purchased in.

This is what the small print says on my plan which is from 2015.

Cancelling the warranty and getting a prorated refund (we've done this several times) is different than getting your money back if you don't use the warranty.

juiced351

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
i Just purchased the max care and I was told by 3 different dealers and FCA themselves that the new warranty states if you don’t use the warranty you receive a full refund . I doubt that will ever happen because something eventually will break or act up .