Warranty friendly tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purcell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Looking for some advice on my 2018 ram 1500. I would like to add a tuner to add some power to the truck. I bought it brand new 11 months ago so keeping the factory warranty is important.
I have read the edge pulsar is good and actually saw a YouTube dyno that it made 30hp gains.
I have ordered a sercuirty harness bypass to that I can run alpha obd as well.

Any advice or other options? I like the idea of having a pillar mount tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The Pulsar is the only tuner that is truly not detectable when it comes to your warranty. A Diablo unit with custom tuning is going to give twice the power gain as well as the ability to tune your transmission, but they can see that it was tuned if they really want to look.

Having said that, most dealerships do not care unless they suspect deliberate abuse or unless the person going in for warranty is difficult to work with. I had my cam and lifters replaced under warranty on my 2015 with 51,000 miles, and it has been tuned since the first week I bought the truck. Be polite, dont lie about mods, and they are usually willing to work with you.