Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there’s a bunch of different warranties and warranty threads out there but I just received this in the mail and I contacted them yesterday about the details of this and told him I would let him my answer today if I wanted to pursue this. My truck is a 2015 so it’ll be good until 2022 and will be unlimited miles. He says it covers everything except for your maintenance parts like brakes, tires etc. it would be $240 down and then $90 a month for 2 years, interest free. Does anyone have this warranty or any information about it to help guide me. Not sure if I want to do it yet or not and would love to hear your guys’s opinion.
Thank you
97BE1A85-BBA2-45BE-B41B-CD36FD410E6D.jpeg

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have purchased the Max Care warranty with every single new and used Mopar I have ever purchased. It is the best extended warranty Chrysler offers. It covers the most items as well. The Added Care is a great value for someone who doesn't want to spend as much money but I highly recommend the Max Care over anything.

In my "professional" opinion the Max Care is the next best thing to the basic 3/36 warranty. I wouldn't pass it up if you plan on keeping the truck for several years.

The only parts and labor not covered:
• Maintenance Services and items used in such services like oil changes, transmission service, etc.

• Catalytic Converters and Diesel Particulate Filters

• Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs

• Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim)

• Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches

• Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers)

If it's mechanical, it's covered just like the Max Care advertisement states. It's hard to beat.

Now, on the other hand, if your pocket book is thick and your wrench/tune skills are solid then I would say don't spend the money unless you really want to but on the other hand, a $100 deductable to have the short block replaced or a trans overhauled is a good thing.

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have purchased the Max Care warranty with every single new and used Mopar I have ever purchased. It is the best extended warranty Chrysler offers. It covers the most items as well. The Added Care is a great value for someone who doesn't want to spend as much money but I highly recommend the Max Care over anything.

In my "professional" opinion the Max Care is the next best thing to the basic 3/36 warranty. I wouldn't pass it up if you plan on keeping the truck for several years.

The only parts and labor not covered:
• Maintenance Services and items used in such services like oil changes, transmission service, etc.

• Catalytic Converters and Diesel Particulate Filters

• Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs

• Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim)

• Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches

• Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers)

If it's mechanical, it's covered just like the Max Care advertisement states. It's hard to beat.

Now, on the other hand, if your pocket book is thick and your wrench/tune skills are solid then I would say don't spend the money unless you really want to but on the other hand, a $100 deductable to have the short block replaced or a trans overhauled is a good thing.

I wish my pocket book was thick but it is not and that's why i'm interested in this just in case. I do have a CPO 100K drive train warrant. Would you recommend this on top of the CPO warranty?

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't buy from them. Search for the warranty thread and go to the one recommended by them, Zeiglers (I think thats the one) online. Its the same 100% Ram warranty for hundreds less.

Hmm interesting, the only times that I've read about Zeiglers is to not buy it but that's only a few here and there's i'll do some more research on it

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wish my pocket book was thick but it is not and that's why i'm interested in this just in case. I do have a CPO 100K drive train warrant. Would you recommend this on top of the CPO warranty?
I do recommend the Max Care on top of the CPO. The Max Care will cover so many things that you dont want to have to come out of pocket for. Its worth it to me even as a Chrysler Tech.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm interesting, the only times that I've read about Zeiglers is to not buy it but that's only a few here and there's i'll do some more research on it

Not sure what happened to others, i bought mine from zeigler in April 2018. Paid half of what the dealer tried to **** me for. No issues, easy online transaction. Legit maxcare warranty through FCA. There is one other online seller that was big too but i cant remember the name. Both were pretty close in price, sure someone will chime in

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The other one besides Zeigler ( ) is chysler warranty direct (who I used). You should definitely be comparing anything you're quoted to these 2 companies. They offer actual FCA backed factory warranties that are significantly more useful than another 3rd party warranty several of FCA's own dealers try to sell (bigger profit).

Chysler Warranty Direct
https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/

Chysler Factory Plans (Zeigler)
https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Dodge_Extended_Warranty

* Take RLJ10X's Dave Ramsey investment info with a grain of salt (he'll comment eventually) and go with what works best for your situation and peace of mind.

Last edited:

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You have the flyer...I'd call them and get a firm price. Then I'd call both of those mentioned by Mpgrimm2 and get a quote for the exact same plan. I own two extended warranties purchased from Zeigler in late July. One is for my 2018 and the other for my 2019. I've purchased from him for years but not before comparing prices. You have three to compare between and I'd get pricing from all three so as to make an informed decision.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Maxcare is great! I also have the 7 year unlimited mileage. I’m only at 52k and so far they’ve covered my fuel management system, master cylinder, and fuel sensor. Mine is a 2016 so I’m covered till 2023, and I’ve practically broke even with what I’ve paid already.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You've practically broken even with what you've paid so far. That means you've paid more for the warranty than you would have had for repairs? And that's great?

What am I missing?

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My advice:
Rip it up, pop a bottle, order a diablo tuner and get jay Greene to write you a tune :)

You’re free like a bird, so it’s time to fly!!

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called them and it comes out to $2,100 for a warranty that's good until 2022. Since it's CPO I got a little better of a deal he said and since I live in AZ there's no sales tax and it's interest free. I intend on driving it for at least until it hits 100K I'd like to get 150K out of it and then get something new. I have not gone through with it, i'm still debating it and i'm leaning towards not just because of my 100K drive train warranty.

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 177318 One of my all time favorite posts. I didn't write it.

Thank you for sharing that, appreciate it. One reason why I don't like it is because I'm either going to have a $100 or $200 deductible which I know isn't a huge deal but if a part is $70 I'll just end up doing the work myself and then the warranty didn't do anything for me

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maxcare is great! I also have the 7 year unlimited mileage. I’m only at 52k and so far they’ve covered my fuel management system, master cylinder, and fuel sensor. Mine is a 2016 so I’m covered till 2023, and I’ve practically broke even with what I’ve paid already.

That's awesome that it's worked out for you. So for all those did you just have to pay a deductible and that was it? Are they pretty straight forward with you on the repairs since you have the warranty. I mean do they not haggle you trying to say some things aren't covered

OP
OP
Taylor513

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My advice:
Rip it up, pop a bottle, order a diablo tuner and get jay Greene to write you a tune :)

You’re free like a bird, so it’s time to fly!!

Hahaha! i'd be lying if I haven't considered that. That's plan B with my truck odometer hits 100K, if i'm not itching for something new.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Thank you for sharing that, appreciate it. One reason why I don't like it is because I'm either going to have a $100 or $200 deductible which I know isn't a huge deal but if a part is $70 I'll just end up doing the work myself and then the warranty didn't do anything for me

The part may be only $70 but the labor will easily put you over the $100 or even the $200 deductible depending upon the issue. Sure, you could do it yourself but that is part of what I’m paying for with an extended warranty - repair/replacement of an covered issue and the luxury of me not having to make time to do it myself. To each their own as some like tuners, catch cans or extended warranties and some don’t.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
That's awesome that it's worked out for you. So for all those did you just have to pay a deductible and that was it? Are they pretty straight forward with you on the repairs since you have the warranty. I mean do they not haggle you trying to say some things aren't covered

Thanks, I have a $100 deductible, and no, at least my service department is straight forward. I’ve yet to be told something isn’t covered.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
You've practically broken even with what you've paid so far. That means you've paid more for the warranty than you would have had for repairs? And that's great?

What am I missing?

You can always count on this guy getting triggered and playing dumb on warranty posts in here. Well, at least I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he’s playing...

Simple math can get people through a lot in life..

Last edited: