Wax on textured black like bull bars and steps ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey folks!

I installed a RC bull bar in textured black and Westin side steps in textured black. Looking at coatings and waxes as it’ll help a little with corrosion

Will the wax turn it white? Anybody applied wax to these types of surfaces before? I used Lucas quick detailer on the bull bar but that won’t cut it for bugs, salt etc

Thanks [emoji106]

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Carnuba wax will most likely turn it white, just like textured plastic pieces. Get a synthetic wax that is made for plastic and textured items. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good idea. I have some mothers synthetic

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Is it irreparably whitened? I overwaxed this weekend and got a little on the bed caps. Best way to get it off?

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is it irreparably whitened? I overwaxed this weekend and got a little on the bed caps. Best way to get it off?

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

I heard peanut butter oil.

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, just plain regular peanut butter, put a little on a rag and try a spot

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waxes and sealants are meant for non-porous surfaces, they won't do well or much for bars or side steps, not to mention you don't want side steps to be slick and slippery.

By textured I'm guessing you mean powder coated? If so, there's nothing I know of that effectively rejuvenates powder coat besides to get them re-powder coated.

The best thing you can to to powder coated items is you simply wash them often, and don't use towels to wash, use a stiff bristle brush like a tire brush with wash solution or an APC of your choice and dab dry with a lint-free terry cloth towel or similar.

SoCal Bomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use VRP by Chemical Guys on my black Westin Steps. Works great, but dont use a synthetic spray wax. Last week I tried that and slipped of the damn step!

20180618_201006.jpg

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I use VRP by Chemical Guys on my black Westin Steps. Works great, but dont use a synthetic spray wax. Last week I tried that and slipped of the damn step!

View attachment 134613

Nice truck! Get yourself some mud guards. Your side steps will thank you [emoji12]

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman
I used the eraser trick on mine. Get a large pink eraser rub it across the dried wax a few times starts to take it right off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This won't help take it off, but for the future, I always mask those things off before I seal/wax.
Jay

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
This won't help take it off, but for the future, I always mask those things off before I seal/wax.
Jay

Yeah, definitely going to do that from now on

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

mikesram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aerospace 303! That stuff is awesome. I coated the plastic pieces on my bumper, step rails and bed caps 4 months ago when I got my truck and they all still look deep black and new. Spray it on and just let it dry naturally. The next day it will look incredible.