Weekend up in smoke..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Somebody's holiday weekend went up in smoke took the trailer out also, was it anyone who lurked here?
c4ddf45f-f3c0-41fd-ab2b-7617bb7bd428-F0YM3daXsAAkIif.jpeg

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wow, hope everyone got out unharmed! We see a couple of these every year on I-80 east of SLC in Parley’s Canyon. Long steep climb, trannies overheat and puke fluid, and away they go. But where this one happened should be relatively flat terrain…

best,
DG

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I went to the beach a few years ago. Long story short, a jug of water spilled on the charcoal I was going to use. I could not easily leave and buy more, so I tried to make it work. I used several attempts of lighter fluid, but the charcoal would not light up. Well, a few random edges tried to light but it would not sustain. After hours at the beach, I loaded everything up and headed home, thinking the BBQ was fully "out".

Apparently the wind in the bed fanned a bit of a flame and the charcoal and several items like plastic bags, a t-shirt, etc. caught fire. I could not see the trail of smoke at highway speed. After a stop, someone started honking at me gesturing at the bed. I pulled over and was able to kick stuff out of the bed and stomp it out. LOL.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
may get a 8 ft utility trailer out of the trailer, The running boards are even warped.
A ford would just be a puddle on the side of road I bet.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's quite a pic. Would be a bad, bad day. Wow!

EDIT: I used to work on cars a lot when I was young. Twice I had fires which I was able to put out with frantic effort. But one in particular was a close call. I realized at one point, I was losing the battle. I knew there was a fire extinguisher in our machine shed about a football field's length away (including end zones). I decided my best hope was to see if I could manage to grab it and get back. Or else it was going to go up in flames anyway.

By the time I sprinted back the entire top of the engine was on fire. One quick spurt of the fire extinguisher at the base of the fire and "Boom!" the fire went out like someone flipped off a switch. Just like that it was out. The damage was easily repairable (no electronics on that car). I know fires aren't always going to go out like that. However, ever since then I carry ABC fire extinguishers in most of my vehicles, for sure classic cars and DD's. And a few at the house & garage. But I've never needed one since.

Ironically, now that I think about it, I don't have one in the Ram truck. That picture reminds me I need to get one & put it behind the seat. :waytogo:

Last edited:

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do not use household extinguishers for vehicles with computers. The powder will destroy everything. Halon, halotron, CO2, etc are the only extinguishers that are electronics safe.