Weird parking sensor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When backing in reverse with the reverse sensors disabled the front will randomly beep as if something were there.
Any ideas why of how to fix?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They just do it. Will light up with warning in EVIC, and U look and look and nothing there. MY 16 did it, MY 19 does it. Also, if they get dirty, Mud on them, a lot of dirt, ice on them, they R a monster PITA. But at least it is only intermittent. All IMHO .....

ADDED: Not matter if Rear off or not, just at times does it. Heck, even a deep driveway with a dip at end will trigger them.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The park sensors are very sensitive. Like mentioned above, dust, dirt, snow, ice and even water on them can trigger them. Shadows will even trigger them. I have a fairly steep driveway and backing out can be a pain when they sense the sidewalk lol. I haven't had to tow my enclosed trailer yet but I can imagine that's going to fun lol

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The park sensors are very sensitive. Like mentioned above, dust, dirt, snow, ice and even water on them can trigger them. Shadows will even trigger them. I have a fairly steep driveway and backing out can be a pain when they sense the sidewalk lol. I haven't had to tow my enclosed trailer yet but I can imagine that's going to fun lol
Just hit the switch and turn em off, lmao. Mine turn off auto on rear when I tow my trailer. If I tow neighbors 4 pin trailer, I have to turn off manually because system does not detect trailer.

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Mine turn off auto when I hook up my trailer too... I wish the programmers were smart enough to have Tow/Haul mode turn on automatically as well.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine turn off auto when I hook up my trailer too... I wish the programmers were smart enough to have Tow/Haul mode turn on automatically as well.
Just all remember: turns off if system detects electrical load/hookup on 7 pin. Will not turn off on 4 pin, that is strictly lighting on the 4 pin.

OP
OP
T

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But the weird thing is the front sensors only go haywire when the reverse sensors are off. Otherwise the front and back all work like they’re supposed to.
I agree they are sensitive, this is the 5th Dodge vehicle I’ve had with them and they all worked fine.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock