WELL THOUGHT OUT ENGINEERING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of my favorite aspects of my 2019 is some of the well thought out aspects of the truck.
1. Able to set the truck not to tone or beep when locking remotely.
2. Can leave the truck running and lock it while I step out of it effortlessly.
3. Auto dim on the lights is close to flawless.
4. Bumper step is stable and folds away out of sight perfectly.
5. Center console is nearly perfect for a storage nut like myself.
6. Back seat folds up out of the way for wide open spaces for my four legged buddy.
7. Air ride lowers to let my older friends in easily.
8. Storage in the floor!!!

Some things they must have let the new guy design:
1. I should be able to back up with my door open

What shines for you guys?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
1. I should be able to back up with my door open
Dual answer..
1. Learn how to use your mirrors while backing up. I don't care if you get hurt backing up your truck with the door open, I feel bad that an innocent truck was damaged due to a negligent driver.

2. Order yourself a rigid 3" seatbelt extension and leave it plugged in on the seat side. The Auto-Park feature doesn't engage if the driver's seatbelt is on. https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/ram-pickup-seat-belt-extender/

OP
OP
Lettikka

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty awesome that the truck doesn't sound alarms if I don't have my seatbelt on too.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, hence that lil hack that has been posted to get rid of the "Ding Ding", but U do get the warning display in the EVIC.

ADDED: My Biggest Complaint on MY 19 is the POOR AC.

ADDED: But the ride is great. I just have a lowly Bighorn, low trim, no Air Ride, but I can do without.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Air ride while working with the trailer hitch is amazing. The fit and finish is fantastic. Stop/Start is the best I have ever experienced.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I too like my air suspension, stop start and now, EVEN THE MULTI-FUNCTION tailgate. Which I hated initially due to looks!
But I have to say the ride on 18 or 20 “ winter wheels is better than my summer 22” wheels.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will say some of the "safety" features are a little bit much, It would be nice to be able to turn them off, I had the auto park hit me, left me in the middle of the street... and my door was closed, just not latched all the way, I was only moving one driveway down so wasnt worried about it and didn't have my seatbelt on, and nope..

OP
OP
Lettikka

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Another thing that I found just this weekend. Passenger had her window going up and I powered down the truck. When we got back in and started up the window finished closing. Very smart!!