What 5.7 hemi fits my 06 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Depends on if you ever wanna custom tune it or not. For stock engines with a few bolt ons (air intake, exhaust), Superchips is the best all around tuner, you'll be able to turn MDS off with it plus gives you the option of trans tuning. You can do the same thing with Diablosport for MDS; it doesn't support trans tuning by the user but it does allow for custom tunes (larger mods) and the trans can be tuned through CMR tuning.
If you drove it around with the MDS harness unhooked you'd get codes, but it wouldn't affect normal operation (default mode for MDS is off, it would just **** the PCM off, hence the codes), especially since the harness wouldn't have anywhere to go.

OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on if you ever wanna custom tune it or not. For stock engines with a few bolt ons (air intake, exhaust), Superchips is the best all around tuner, you'll be able to turn MDS off with it plus gives you the option of trans tuning. You can do the same thing with Diablosport for MDS; it doesn't support trans tuning by the user but it does allow for custom tunes (larger mods) and the trans can be tuned through CMR tuning.
If you drove it around with the MDS harness unhooked you'd get codes, but it wouldn't affect normal operation (default mode for MDS is off, it would just **** the PCM off, hence the codes), especially since the harness wouldn't have anywhere to go.
Thank you this forum has saved me alot of stress

OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! I just finished putting the 5.7 out of an 03 in my 06 and it runs but the throttle is having isnt responding very well and it has a really bad idle. I had to put the 03 throttle body on would that mess up my throttle. Please help and thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys! I just finished putting the 5.7 out of an 03 in my 06 and it runs but the throttle is having isnt responding very well and it has a really bad idle. I had to put the 03 throttle body on would that mess up my throttle. Please help and thanks

Don't try the 03 throttle body, it has a different plug. So you put an 03 5.7 in an 06 1500? Did you install the EGR or block it off and/or have it written out in a tune?

OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't try the 03 throttle body, it has a different plug. So you put an 03 5.7 in an 06 1500? Did you install the EGR or block it off and/or have it written out in a tune?

So only one 06 would fit my bad. And I have a tune on the way for it but I haven't recieved it yet. And yes 03 in an o6

OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure I had my local guy do it he only charged 400$ but I know the clip isnt plugged into anything would that make the motor run bad and no throttle response

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure I had my local guy do it he only charged 400$ but I know the clip isnt plugged into anything would that make the motor run bad and no throttle response
TB plugs are weird, it's like 03 to mid 04 is a certain way, then they changed them after that. Did he use the 2003 intake manifold or the 2006 intake manifold?

OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TB plugs are weird, it's like 03 to mid 04 is a certain way, then they changed them after that. Did he use the 2003 intake manifold or the 2006 intake manifold?
06 the 03 didn't fit

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Last edited:
OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Derick Nelson

Derick Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know if the super chip will delete the egr aswell?