What brakes do i have?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 81 d150 that I'm trying to replace the rotors and bearings on. I ordered rotors from Rockauto and picked up some bearings locally. The bearings wouldn't fit the new rotors. So i tried the old bearings, they wouldn't fit the new rotors either. the part number of the rotors looks right and the new bearings look like my old ones in size. I go to the parts store and get new rotors. Bearings don't fit the new rotors either but they have bearings in stock for my truck and they fit the rotors. I take them home and nothing fits the spindle. It's a 5 lug truck but looks like it takes the bearing from an 8lug truck. Any ideas on what going on? Thanks for any help

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
they got 2 size rotors for these trucks. i know i learned this when i replaced a rotor years ago on my 81. my truck had the 3300lb front rotors which apparently uses the same bearings as a 3/4 ton and the first couple rotors i got/tried were the for the other ones.

OP
OP
J

Jgied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they got 2 size rotors for these trucks. i know i learned this when i replaced a rotor years ago on my 81. my truck had the 3300lb front rotors which apparently uses the same bearings as a 3/4 ton and the first couple rotors i got/tried were the for the other ones.

Well that helps. They didn't have another 5 lug disc listed at the parts store for the d150. Don't happen to have a part number do you? Thanks a lot

OP
OP
J

Jgied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wouldn't by chance be the same part # for a b150 would it?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i am not sure what part number you would need without knowing which part number you have or ordered from rock auto. if you have a 3300lb front then RAYBESTOS 7034R or ACDELCO 18A12A are likely what you need. you might even be able to tell what rotors you need by the bearings. rockauto has the axle weights for the bearings also

OP
OP
J

Jgied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i am not sure what part number you would need without knowing which part number you have or ordered from rock auto. if you have a 3300lb front then RAYBESTOS 7034R or ACDELCO 18A12A are likely what you need. you might even be able to tell what rotors you need by the bearings. rockauto has the axle weights for the bearings also

I ordered centric part 121.67000 and that wasn't the right part. I'm assuming i need the 3300 front parts like you mention. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963