What considerations when thinking Max trac 7 inch lift vs RC 6 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldy49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Newbie here,

I have 05 ram 1500 2wd hemi running on RC 3 inch body lift and RC 3 inch coil lift. Thinking about taking the RC 3 inch coil lift off and replace with Max Trac 7 inch lift instead of RC 6 inch lift. Currently running 35's on 20's looking to go to 37's when the time comes for new tires. Been looking at the RC 6 inch lift and noticed that have front sway bar links included also with rear and front crossmember brackets. Max Trac has no sway bar links nor cross member brackets but longer brake lines. For the life of me I cannot find if the spindles are the same size or if a larger spindle (possible Max Trac) would eliminate the need for cross members and new sway bar links. Anyone could shed some light on this?

Also, any considerations on what to replace or upgrade like the upper control arms or etc etc. For the record I have heard Max Trac offers a smoother ride than RC, any opinions?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks a bunch brothers!

OP
OP
goldy49

goldy49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just an update . RC folks told me their 2wd spindles are 6 inch but never gave me anymore information that I asked for (via email company) However Maxtrac rep gave detail information about not trying to increase height of lift through shackles and coil spacers ( I asked ) Forgot to ask about spindle size. Leaning to Max Trac customer service was more engaged with my questions.

still looking for any suggestions
thanks

OP
OP
goldy49

goldy49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
well brother its about the money. like a truck that is paid off and does what I ask it to do. Just like to style it up some and still not be broke ass broke

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have 2wd and I have maxtrac 7.5 inch lift and I have no problems with it and I love it and also they have great customer service 84aab37fa84fb187b5cfc845f3e192dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk