What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Another question would the front door panels of a quad cab fit on a single cab are the doors the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I'll probably hydrodip most of the bezel while it's out. I guess the 15$ install kit will do me then :) That's crazy that yours reads codes!
Was in my work truck so couldn't get ya a better picture at the time but here's what the install kit looks like. I wasn't going to use it (crutchfield gave it to me) and was gunna paint the bezel but I had crazy projects going on and bit off way more then I could chew. Had both of my vehicles taken apart so said screw it and just slapped it back together. Eventually I'll go back and paint the bezel
029071c4f59597c3e727bb7daab83b2d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
spec d tuning headlamps are in rough analysis shows the right low beam is off to the right.......If I knew which of the 3 adjustment studs to turn I could prolly eyeball it now in the daytime; otherwise it's gonna be a night time search and turn deal

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
and this one...the lights work need night time for final adjustments.
01171442a_57ca8234129692e4a65d1d2c2321b6a834a1d3e9.jpg

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
and this one...the lights work need night time for final adjustments.
01171442a_57ca8234129692e4a65d1d2c2321b6a834a1d3e9.jpg
Nice, but I'm a stock housing monkey. Put projectors and halos and all that in stock housings, but god, don't get those aftermarkets.

At least on 3g rams. Cant find one that looks clean, decent and subtle during the day. Even DeMoN's show truck looks too overdone with the headlights.

Also a pain in the ass to customize and perfect with all the bulbs/strips you have to buy. Like, on some, I wouldn't even be able to decide which hole I'd put the projector in. :/

When you can't see them, though, and only see the light shining from them, they're bad as *****.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Just picked up my new 22s fronm the CNC shop, had them shave a 1/4" off the face so the wheels will tuck alittle easier

5379fc527c145045a1ce7d4e8e5d9ea0.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Nice wheels, but why those? Why haven't you rolled on some SRT or Hellcat reps?

Well ill answer that question with a question, why would i do that? Spend all this money in custom paint, motor, suspension, bodywork, interior, lighting, leaving nothing on the truck untouched only to rock an OEM wheel?

Even if its an oversized rep wheel, its still a stock wheel and you dont do that on a show truck

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Well ill answer that question with a question, why would i do that? Spend all this money in custom paint, motor, suspension, bodywork, interior, lighting, leaving nothing on the truck untouched only to rock an OEM wheel?

Even if its an oversized rep wheel, its still a stock wheel and you dont do that on a show truck

If it looked good, I'd do it. IMO, I think some SRT's would set it off just right. Or maybe some Dub Ballers or something like that.

In any case, you can do better than your current wheels. I have yet to see the new ones on it yet, so I'll reserve my opinion on them until that time.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it looked good, I'd do it. IMO, I think some SRT's would set it off just right. Or maybe some Dub Ballers or something like that.

In any case, you can do better than your current wheels. I have yet to see the new ones on it yet, so I'll reserve my opinion on them until that time.

yeah, he should get some of your boss a$$ rims on his show truck :naughty:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Nice, but I'm a stock housing monkey. Put projectors and halos and all that in stock housings, but god, don't get those aftermarkets.

At least on 3g rams. Cant find one that looks clean, decent and subtle during the day. Even DeMoN's show truck looks too overdone with the headlights.

Also a pain in the ass to customize and perfect with all the bulbs/strips you have to buy. Like, on some, I wouldn't even be able to decide which hole I'd put the projector in. :/

When you can't see them, though, and only see the light shining from them, they're bad as *****.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

You're the only person who has said my lights look overdone, when they arent lit up they almost disappear with the truck since they are colormatched, some aftermarket lights are an improvement on a vehicle but it all depends on the truck, my red truck i didnt like having the same lights that my show truck has, my black truck has some throw. On there ebay lights that i dont like and they are just temporary fillers

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

Pretty much the thought on show trucks is one of the key elements of the truck should not be stock, obviously we are tlaking about the wheels, every show I've attended would subtract point for runnin a stock wheel, do some oem wheels look good, yeah, but they have no place on a show truck, the ones i have on the truck are outdated for sure, thats why the change, i dont like flashy though so i waited till i found a simple 5 spoke to set the truck off.

c5f38e669f4a8e184444aa5421c8e09a.jpg

And a dub baller will never be on my trucks, i dont like them and they are played out, see them on way to many trucks, plus I believe any wheel on a truck should have a lip, i really dislike the spokes going to the edge of the rim look

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Look man, you need to lay off whatever undies your sniffing and grow up. Every single person that does a mod to there truck here you are commenting on how its not as good as something else, they shoulda done it this way instead of what they did, you woulda done it this way because its better..... uhhhh no, clearly you wouldnt have because you havent done sh*t except remove a muffler and wash it finally then complain...
People work hard for there money, invest in there mods, express themselves through there trucks, love there trucks etc and here you go with whyd you do that you shoulda done this BS. Man learn some damn respect!
how far along is your AWD 800HP ram that you know, gets good gas mileage because you need that since its still gunna be a DD? What rims do you have???
What headlights do you have???
what tune do you have???
o yeah stock stock anddddddd stock. nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but my god stop trying to bash everybodies work on here or question why they didnt do it "your way" lol when your way is nothing so far!

Go look at any big time show truck, SEMA would be a great place to start lol tell me what custom show trucks you see are rocking factory wheels bud... do you even listen to yourself or do you just :puke: all over

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that escalated quickly....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
well my lights are aimed a lil low but the high beams make up if I need a good output,
I agree hid's would be better, but they don't like my tipm...or vice versa........It's all good on my end looks better than the old style which was faded and worn.