What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done the following:

Magnaflow 19439 Direct Fit Muffler
Pedal Commander PC31
Blacked out my chrome exhaust tips with Pasti-Dip

View attachment 250593

Looks awesome!! How do you like the magnaflow sound? Tips look great too, really tie in better to the rest of your black emblems and such than the chrome.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Looks awesome!! How do you like the magnaflow sound? Tips look great too, really tie in better to the rest of your black emblems and such than the chrome.

Thanks man, appreciate the props!

As for the Magnaflow, I love it! It's not obnoxious and it's neighbour friendly (somewhat) but when you step on it, people turn heads! Since it's a glass packed, it should get a tad louder as I drive more. :) It has a really nice deep tone! When in ECO mode, you barely hear it. Highway speeds just a tad depending on speed and if you drive up hills.

I'm planning to make a small video with a sound clip. I will share when I get to it!

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Installed a Stage 1 HD Diesel ECM I picked up on my Ecodiesel. Had to change the VIN and injector codes, along with a few other items like LED lights and lower the TPMS threshold. Changed the oil (it was due) and filter, air filter and fuel filter. Switched my Banks Derringer to stock. Wow, so far absolutely loving it.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great man!! Curious what you and others are using for a buffer/polisher. Thinking about picking one up, but there are so many out there! Certainly not looking for something pro, but anything that will help me do some clean up and swirl removal in the driveway would be great!

Thanks for the kind words! I've got just the Harbor Freight buffer and polisher and normally use Meguiars polishing compounds (at various cut levels) but I haven't polished this truck yet. It doesn't have much orange peel so I believe it's had a polish done by the previous owner.

This wash was just a mix of Simple Green, O'reilly car wash soap, and water in a spray bottle. Rag company micro fiber towels. Then Meguiars last touch detail spray. Turtle Wax wheel and tire cleaner followed by Turtle Wax tire shine. I've found it leaves my preferred finish on the tires. I don't like a super glossy/greasy finish, but rather a clean/new tire finish. And I've found I have best results with Stoners glass cleaning wipes on all the chrome trim surfaces to mitigate water spots.

Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am sorry to the that man...

I got one Thursday. Had to replace the damn tire.

We live about 20 miles out of town, with a single highway into town. There was a fatality and when that happens they shut the road down for about an hour and a half. I was on my way to work and took the 45 mile loop through the country to get to work. I get about 10 miles of it and the tire which was inflated to the door sticker 80 and from what they tell me is that it was a rock that blew a hole in it.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fixed backup camera issue with loose/corroded connections. Used contact cleaner and dielectric grease on all the pins/sockets in the connector.

Removed the AGS shutters except the top and bottom one. Changed thermostat to 180 degrees.

What a difference. Truck is just so much smoother running now. No pinging when I rap on it running 87 octane like it used to when shutters and 203 degree t’stat were installed. Tranny and engine oil running cooler as well.

49f44046159f9d9aa1bb7b980baee1e6.jpg

Truck goes into the shop this week to have both exhaust manifolds replaced with aftermarket ones. Passenger side is leaking and three bolts are broken. Getting them both done so I don’t have to go back.

Then a new PPE transmission pan and fluid change.

Working my way through the FCA built-in defect list. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is your truck tuned or still stock tune?

Considering removing the middle slats of my AGS and using a 180* thermostat, but don't have any plans of tuning my truck in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Is your truck tuned or still stock tune?

Considering removing the middle slats of my AGS and using a 180* thermostat, but don't have any plans of tuning my truck in the near future.

Truck is stock. No tuner. Stock e-fan and clutch fan still in place. I drove it on a 380 mile trip on Monday up into the mountains of NC outside of Asheville by the Tenn. border and back. I live in upstate SC. Truck was empty except for me. I saw 185-192 degrees on the coolant temp, 183-188 on the trans temp and 195-205 on the oil temp. Was running A/C and outside temps were in low 90's. I am really pleased with how the temps stayed in a narrow (lower) band. Lots of switchbacks and engine braking in the mountains. Speeds were 5-10 mph over for the most part. I am super pleased with it.

Truck coolant seems to warm up quickly so not having the shutters doesn't appear to be a problem. I did not see any change in fuel mileage. If anything it may have been a little better. But probably just my wishful thinking. 18+ MPG for the trip. I gassed up before and after and did hand calcs. Lie O Meter from FCA had it at 19.4.

We are going to tow a small travel trailer in September and I will be curious how the temps run. If more cooling is needed I will upgrade to the V-6 e-fan. Boosted Motorsports has a YouTube video showing how to use the V6 Efan with the stock settings for on/off. Basically if you run your A/C the e-fan will turn on/off sooner. I do not plan on getting a Tuner.

Bottom Line - Go For It!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We live about 20 miles out of town, with a single highway into town. There was a fatality and when that happens they shut the road down for about an hour and a half. I was on my way to work and took the 45 mile loop through the country to get to work. I get about 10 miles of it and the tire which was inflated to the door sticker 80 and from what they tell me is that it was a rock that blew a hole in it.
Oh wow. Thats awful. I blew a tire a few years back on my old ford work truck. I was loaded bad and we had to unload most of it onto another truck just to be able to jack it up.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Just finished installing a set of marine boat horns. Have been looking into train/truck horns for some time, but after a visit to West Marine, I decided to go with the boat horns and try them out.

From what I've been able to determine, they are less prone to corrosion, lighter, and take up less space. Granted they are electric, but that's what saves space and weight by having no direct need for a compressor or air tank.

Installed them behind the front grill not far from the factory ones, but will be activated by a separate "horn" switch discretely placed.

Ran out of day light so pics will follow tomorrow :waytogo:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got one of those last year, it does work very well, but it's a PITA to store when not using. How do you store yours?

-K

I’m an idiot. For a second I thought it was a windshield made by cover craft lol.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Just picked up the truck after having both exhaust manifolds replaced and the broken studs on the passenger side fixed. 74000 miles on truck. Approximate total for job $1200. Great shop that I found close to home to work on my truck. He does all the exhaust manifold work for the shops in the area. I didn't want to take it in again in a few thousand miles for the driver side so I had them do both.

Also had the driveshaft pulled, u joints inspected and splines on the transmission coupling greased heavily to alleviate the "clunking" in start/stop traffic that is annoying. There's a YouTube video on this. Had it in the FCA for this annoying issue three times. Of course FCA said it was normal. Anyway, no clunk/clunk now!

Next will be the PPE Pan and trans fluid changeout from Redline D-6 to Maxlife. Tranny has not been happy on Redline since beginning of year.

Then I'll need to drop the tank and change fuel sending unit. Which goes wonky when truck gets below 1/3 tank of gas.

Really getting tired of throwing money and time at fixing FCA built-in defects......

1623949293489.png

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have run her wheels off the last few days. Nothing really new coming for her that I know of. She is going to get a bath on Saturday.