What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
For only $40.99 I put one of these in...

AEM-10-599_Angle_19.jpg

I didn't change out the plenum or nothing yet but hopefully I get better air flow anyway.

SimpleGreen work on these without ruining anything???

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For only $40.99 I put one of these in...

I didn't change out the plenum or nothing yet but hopefully I get better air flow anyway.

SimpleGreen work on these without ruining anything???

I put one on about a year ago. Butt Dyno said it improved things. I gave it it's first full cleaning a couple of weeks ago using SimpleGreen since I couldn't get the AEM cleaner locally. It appears to have worked ok. The filter itself took 4 days to dry though and that was with shaking, spinning, blowing out with air, leaving in the sun, etc. Have a paper filter on hand to run for a few days when you do the 10,000 mile cleanings.

-K

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I put one on about a year ago. Butt Dyno said it improved things. I gave it it's first full cleaning a couple of weeks ago using SimpleGreen since I couldn't get the AEM cleaner locally. It appears to have worked ok. The filter itself took 4 days to dry though and that was with shaking, spinning, blowing out with air, leaving in the sun, etc. Have a paper filter on hand to run for a few days when you do the 10,000 mile cleanings.

-K

THNX, YEAH, took out a very clean paper filter so I'll save that as to your advice... :cheers:

Reactions: kad

Brian Lee

US Air Foirce Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I was looking at the Tyger step bars are you happy with yours? Have you had on long, I like how they look but wasn’t sure about quality. Thank you
Very good quality and customer service was very good too. I had the driver side with a little just a little bit of rust on the end of the bar and they sent me a new one. I like that they are 6 inches wide. My tire and fender flares stick out a bit and the running boards seem to line right up with them. I have had them on for almost a year now and no problems.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Very good quality and customer service was very good too. I had the driver side with a little just a little bit of rust on the end of the bar and they sent me a new one. I like that they are 6 inches wide. My tire and fender flares stick out a bit and the running boards seem to line right up with them. I have had them on for almost a year now and no problems.
Mine are similar I didn’t want them to stick our thank you

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not Ram related but I did post this car in this thread a while ago, if anyone wanted to see the updated wheels here they are:
IMG_4249.jpg

New steering wheel as well, not my first choice but the most reasonable for now. May change that again when the time comes, or restore the original wheel (was getting pretty rough).IMG_4252.jpg

Just to make it Ram related here's my truck next to a ford owned by my friend who painted the Buick.
IMG_4170.jpg

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my Blackstone results back today, 8,011 miles on the oil, 69.5k on the truck, all good news. PUP 5W-30 and RP oil filter.

This is a great first look under the hood of your pick-up. Universal averages show typical wear for a 5.7L Hemi that's put ~5,900 miles on the oil, and metals in this sample match up nicely. Only iron (from steel) is above average, and that's easily explained by normal accumulation of wear during your longer oil change interval, which is perfectly fine. No fuel or coolant was found, and the viscosity is in spec for 5W/30. The 2.3 TBN means the oil still had some active additive left in reserve since 1.0 is the minimum. We don't have any concerns with these results. Try 10K miles.

AustinHarmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
Zone 6” 3” rear Bilsteins set at 1.4 up front, I’ve been leveled with the bils at 2.8 for over 2 years with these 20x12s and 35” Toyo RTs. No more rubbing now [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Posting as a what I plan to dp this week;

-black carvens..finally, it feels like!

-rear coil spacers! To put about 1" of rake back. (Actually a hair below level on rear atm)

-extra resonator to be welded in in front of my mf 22" inch muffler. This will do me for the forseeable future to deal with the 1500-2000 rpm drone. When it eventually comes time to do an aftermarket catback I'll go with a solo mach 44 based system. Hopefully thats 5 years away anyhow.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks! I was hesitant at first without seeing the color of the wheel in person but really liked them once they showed up. It's a darker bronze, the shade of bronze is hard to capture on camera.
Bronze for the win. I love that colour or black with bronze accenting on my delmonico red!

d38ce335533081ca5e016961c1582331.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilo670