What did you do with your 5th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Correct me if I"m wrong...you're also on bassboatcentral's forums. I think I just saw your post over this morning, after you picked up both a black and a diesel.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As for what I did to mine, just had the Catback from Magnaflow installed. NOW...it sounds like a truck.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dealer oil change with Pennzoil full synthetic and I added 16 oz of Lubegard biotech. Funny how that makes me feel good…

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I paid mine off. Ordered it in Jan, picked it up in Mar. Made 5 double payments on it and got tired of the monthly expenditure. To add insult to injury, doing that dropped my credit score by 25 points. Bastages...:disgust:

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats!...Same thing happened to me back in June when we paid off our house.

BILL JAMISON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram Rebel Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got back from a 6000 mile road trip across America to pan for gold in Idaho. Started in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. From there, first stop the Strategic Air Command museum in Omaha, Nebraska to the Badlands of South Dakota to Red Lodge Montana to Yellowstone for a few days to the Beartooth Mountains to Craters of the Moon Idaho then in the mountains looking for my fortune. Didn't find it but a fantastic trip! 2022 Ram Rebel Hemi.

FiverPuller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
What did I do with my Gen 5 today.... I had to get out my code reader (again) and clear the check engine light! Since the re-call for the HPFP has been replaced the Regeneration goes into effect a couple times a week! The code is "Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Frequency."

I really have given thought to having them put a C-4 fuel pump back on. Obviously the truck was not meant to be matched with the C-3 pump!

TheHouseOfElijah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I summarized the modifications with comments:

Morimoto LED headlights (better than the halogens but not a game changer)
Baja Designs S2 fog lights (driver's side bracket cracked from front end collision, I didn't have the truck pre-inspected)
Core 4x4-Trail Rear Kit and hardware (dry fit before installing)
Bilstein 5100 (front and rear shocks, stock lift)
Wet Okole seat covers (WO will replace the upper rear for the 60 split but not pleased with their website or service)
AFE shorty headers
Borla S-Type Cat-back exhaust system (best mod to date, factory system was rusty-several bolts twisted off and one gasket could not be removed)

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Mud Flaps and full side to side brown floor /mud mat from Weathertech for the front. I have the bench seat with separate buckets and center console that folds up for a third seat if needed. No full console which I did not want after having that in my 2014 3500. Leg rubbed on the console on long trips and had to place a towel for padding. The full mat was harder to find, especially in brown. I have the dark brown and light tan interior. Like this option and it fits well. The stock mud flaps are so small they are ineffective so I added those. They look a little large especially since I have the hidden AMP steps. My 2004.5 truck has the rigid steps so the front flaps appear smaller even though they are not. Sacrificing a neat appearance to have protection from rocks and gravel and to protect trailers I tow.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put some gas in the tank and cleaned the windshield, LOL.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Well you can still afford to buy fuel. That's somethin'. The way oil prices are going up with this war in the middle east you may be riding the M/C a lot.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you can still afford to buy fuel. That's somethin'. The way oil prices are going up with this war in the middle east you may be riding the M/C a lot.
I am fortunate, I do not have to drive far anywhere. So not an issue. I probably burn as much gas a week on my riding mower that I burn in truck. MC is weather dependent.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This comes under the heading: U wanna go U gotta pay, LOL.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed "HEMI" emblems on my hood scoop. They're new OEM emblems that would have come on Challenger hoods. Super happy with how it turned out. They're black with a grayish/silver face and came with preinstalled 3M tape. First pic is without the new emblems.
hood scoop.jpg

Hemi emblems.jpg

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I took my bed rails off to install my new Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover. Only to open the box, discover it was a "repackage," and was damaged and missing several parts. I'm now waiting on the new one to arrive.