What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate not being able to slide the front seats back farther. Especially when no one is sitting in back seats. Why do they permit the front seats to slide forward to the point of dam near touching the dash but limit the am of front leg room capable. WTF!

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I keep getting this bill every month for $328 and that has totally pissed me off. So far that is the worst feature on this thing.

Maybe of we take your fight and mine to the MAN we can finally get a truck we love!

:favorites13:

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
- Mirror lamp leaks
- Many Lack Sunroofs
- Headlight Condensation
- No HID option from the factory
- Radio Antenna location (appears to bend the fender metal over time)

Everything else is just awesome.

Racefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport
Engine
I don't like how computer-controlled these trucks are. You can't even hardly fart without some system trying to limit it (besides the wife!). Don't like the drive-by-wire, the stability control, TCS, how you need to take it to a dealer to get a sales code flashed to add any options from other trims(I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but I see it mentioned all the time here), or how you need to somehow trick a computer somewhere to add stuff like different headlights/taillights etc, and I HATE how it revs down slowly on its own after revving it. No more blipping the throttle like the old days. My last truck was a 2nd gen and I could configure that to do pretty much whatever I wanted, from disabling the DRLs easily to controlling how it revs to how the 4x4 engages. I love technology but this is too much! I'll still never drive anything but a Ram though!

I also miss the leaf springs and solid front axle in the old one. That one felt much 'tougher'. This one handles like a car, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind if it drove like a truck!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I don't like how computer-controlled these trucks are. You can't even hardly fart without some system trying to limit it (besides the wife!). Don't like the drive-by-wire, the stability control, TCS, how you need to take it to a dealer to get a sales code flashed to add any options from other trims(I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but I see it mentioned all the time here), or how you need to somehow trick a computer somewhere to add stuff like different headlights/taillights etc, and I HATE how it revs down slowly on its own after revving it. No more blipping the throttle like the old days. My last truck was a 2nd gen and I could configure that to do pretty much whatever I wanted, from disabling the DRLs easily to controlling how it revs to how the 4x4 engages. I love technology but this is too much! I'll still never drive anything but a Ram though!

I also miss the leaf springs and solid front axle in the old one. That one felt much 'tougher'. This one handles like a car, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind if it drove like a truck!

I understand and agree, but we do have to realize that technology and computers are also the reason that our truck will go over 200,000 mile RELIABLY and have very little problems. Yes the old ones will do it but it took a lot more maintenance and care than today's "plug and play"trucks. Besides the fact that technology is trying to "improve" trucks, a lot of it (IMO) is also "control"....the dealer and the government having control over it/you. Regulations, regulations... bunch of crap.

phantomknight321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That statement is 180° to every other statement you make

How can you Blame a MFR for how an Individual treats their product??

Not quite sure what your Complaint is. The fact that the Tailgate Locks when you Lock your truck, to keep your Stuff Safe??

So, What is your Complaint (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)?

Can you clarify what the Complaint is?

That's GOT to be the most Frivolous Complaint I've ever heard. Like saying "I really hate that my truck didn't come with a Hemi". SERIOUSLY????

Again. Did you look at the list of options? Do you SERIOUSLY expect every truck to come with this? Wow. (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)

I'm about to give up. You want your cake, and to eat it too, PLUS get it for free, maybe with a Rebate PLUS a Royalty. (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)

I will stop now, unless you are willing get back on the Reality Train.

Trucks are not something you conceive in Virtual Reality. They must exist in the Real World and be subject to Physics. Maybe in a few years, after you've experienced a little more Real Life you will realize how Unrealistic, Contradictory and Unrelated your Complaints are. Until then, please just Enjoy your Imperfect Ram :)

Well then. Looks like we have a internet white knight over here.

Im not just some whiner who has nothing but complaints, I love the truck still and simply wanted to vent some of my issues (The entire point of this thread)

At no point did I vent the issues directly at the manufacturer for one thing, nor did I say anything overtly negative. I have NO idea why you got so worked up over this.

That being said, since you seemed to want more elaboration...

The tailgate complaint was because I have had a handful of occurances where I forgot to unlock the truck before trying to go outside and get stuff out of the tailgate. Hence it being a minor annoyance.

The keyfob issue, you have to understand, is something that isnt new to me. Yes, it seems like the previous owner was hard on it, but after several vehicles where I was hard on the key fob it lasted. Also, several family members have newer chrysler or dodge vehicles with this keyfob and have major issues and they arent mistreating it or anything. But whatever, you were right on this one.

The rest of the stuff was me nitpicking and not blaming the truck or anyone else, just venting about stuff I will be fixing on my own later on.

So go ahead and take off your white knight suit of armor, I am perfectly grounded in reality :roflsquared:

P.S. See how long my reply took? Thats clearly how much I do not care about the "dislikes" anyway

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well then. Looks like we have a internet white knight over here.

Im not just some whiner who has nothing but complaints, I love the truck still and simply wanted to vent some of my issues (The entire point of this thread)

At no point did I vent the issues directly at the manufacturer for one thing, nor did I say anything overtly negative. I have NO idea why you got so worked up over this.

That being said, since you seemed to want more elaboration...

The tailgate complaint was because I have had a handful of occurances where I forgot to unlock the truck before trying to go outside and get stuff out of the tailgate. Hence it being a minor annoyance.

The keyfob issue, you have to understand, is something that isnt new to me. Yes, it seems like the previous owner was hard on it, but after several vehicles where I was hard on the key fob it lasted. Also, several family members have newer chrysler or dodge vehicles with this keyfob and have major issues and they arent mistreating it or anything. But whatever, you were right on this one.

The rest of the stuff was me nitpicking and not blaming the truck or anyone else, just venting about stuff I will be fixing on my own later on.

So go ahead and take off your white knight suit of armor, I am perfectly grounded in reality :roflsquared:

P.S. See how long my reply took? Thats clearly how much I do not care about the "dislikes" anyway
I think they make skins for the FOBs to protect them. If you end up getting a new one, maybe that could help?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Tubular bumper options. They're all for the 2 piece which is mildly annoying.

Neumie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8a
-Tailgate locking is a minor annoyance but I appreciate the peace of mind that my stuff is safe

If you opened your tailgate and looked at the mechanism you can alter it so it doesn't lock. IMO that's a bad idea but it's possible.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you opened your tailgate and looked at the mechanism you can alter it so it doesn't lock. IMO that's a bad idea but it's possible.
Or just unplug the two wires controlling it , it's mounted here .

805f979fffa50bb6aa8dc1abdcab8c16.jpg

This is located just under the truck near the tailgate.

If you have the back up camera , it's sockets # 7 & 8.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well just noticed this **** today. That makes problem # 17 since Ive hit 60000km. This thing is built like a ******* hyundai, cheap and flimsy. I wonder if this is covered under Powertrain. I do have 3 weeks left on my warrenty... lol... #16 was having to buy a new Diff cover to get a drain plug.

13840413_10154402446958552_1960538372_o.jpg

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
^^^^^^^^^That leak from the transmission bell housing or pan?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No landing strip either.

Or were you taking about stuff that's available but somebody didn't order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hay!! you cant make logical comments here about options that are available but not purchased.

I didn't get a cd player either. and I still haven't used my radio for more than 1 minute at a time. i just flip it right back off every time i try to listen to it. my short driving truck times have become quiet, relaxing bliss for me.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
No landing strip either.

This and the fact CD players are slowly becoming this generations "8-Track" for audio playback and being phased out for USB or other digital media devices.

I would guess that in 5 years or so, it would not even be a orderable option.

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No landing strip either.

Ah, it's a sport, didn't know that was an option
Strange, that's standard on alot of trucks

Last edited:

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Front windshield to damn thin, month old already got a hole from a rock

Members online