What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the fact I can’t turn the radio OFF completely...and it’s only an RA2 unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why, though? You know, on some radios, you push in on the volume knob to turn it off but on ours, you push in on the volume knob and it mutes it. What’s wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Remembered one more Don't Like:

When using a USB drive for music, the system sorts the songs alphabetically rather than by track # (at least mine does and I haven't found a way to change it)
When you save your files, rename the tracks with the track number first.

i.e.

1 - _______
2 - _______
3 - _______

Etc, this will keep the track listing true to the album.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bigmike260

Reaction score
1. engine light comes on. shutter code ...
2. radio comes and goes. no fix.
3.display only works when it wants to and sometimes stays on for a mile or 2
4. factory tires only lasted about 20000 miles and that was front tires
5. when slowing down its like it shifts into neutral and revs up high and kicks back into gear
6. fuel pump went out and they don't make the new one yet.

all issues addressed with dealership and of course none of them would happen when the dealership had it 2019 Laramie 1500.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Would be nice if there was a setting to make the bluetooth work over the radio so i could here my phones gps.by radio i mean am fm. Otherwise truck has been problem free so far 77k

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. engine light comes on. shutter code ...
Shutter code? As in the active grille shutters? What’s wrong with it? Or better yet, delete it unless you decide to get the dealer to replace it under warranty since it’s a 19- or are you already over 36,000 miles? If you are, do you a quick little web search. There’s a pretty cheap kit out there that allows you to simply delete that active grill shutter system. Maybe you should look into it.

2. radio comes and goes. no fix.
I highly doubt that. If your current dealer can’t find it, take it to another one. If that one don’t work, take it to another one.
3.display only works when it wants to and sometimes stays on for a mile or 2
See answer to number 2.
4. factory tires only lasted about 20000 miles and that was front tires
Ever had your alignment checked? You know, it is possible that they could’ve not set it right at the factory. But if that’s all good, it’s funny how a lot of people actually get a lot more miles out of those factory goodyears than just 20,000 miles except for those people who basically take a street tire and they go off road on it or they’re taking corners hard, taking off like Jack rabbits and slamming on the brakes every time they stop.

My old 2008 that I had before my new one, had 29,000 miles on it when I bought it and the tires were just barely under half worn out and they were the same tires that you got.....or well, had, or whatever.
5. when slowing down its like it shifts into neutral and revs up high and kicks back into gear
Refer again to answer given to #2.
6. fuel pump went out and they don’t make the new one yet.
Huh? So then where are they coming up with all the ones that they’re putting in the brand new trucks?

all issues addressed with dealership and of course none of them would happen when the dealership had it 2019 Laramie 1500.
Again...... refer to answer given to number two. But you mean to tell me but all those problems, including your worn out tires wouldn’t present themselves when you took it to the dealer? Hmmm. Interesting.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the ungodly loud incoming call/text alert on the 8.4 uconnect.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be nice if there was a setting to make the bluetooth work over the radio so i could here my phones gps.by radio i mean am fm. Otherwise truck has been problem free so far 77k

There is, you just have to change that setting within your maps on your phone to where it’s something like, “announce directions as a Bluetooth call” or something like that I think which means it’ll interrupt, or it should interrupt whatever audio source that you’re using to announce your turn by turn directions.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the ungodly loud incoming call/text alert on the 8.4 uconnect.

I think that’s controlled by the separate volume setting on the radio. I know that there’s two different volumes for your music and one for your Bluetooth calls. Might try that.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that’s controlled by the separate volume setting on the radio. I know that there’s two different volumes for your music and one for your Bluetooth calls. Might try that.

i wish. only way to turn it down is when it rings turn the volume down but then the next call that comes in same thing. It is apparently a known issue they can not fix

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i wish. only way to turn it down is when it rings turn the volume down but then the next call that comes in same thing. It is apparently a known issue they can not fix

How old is your truck? I really can’t recall because believe it or not, it’s been a very long time since I’ve received a call while I’ve been in my truck but if when the phone rings and if it’s that loud, I think I would’ve remembered it because if I’m not mistaken, I think the only thing that makes the ringing sound is just my phone itself. If I recall, I don’t think I actually have a ringing sound that comes through the speakers in my truck.

But who knows.... is your truck new enough to where it has the built-in Wi-Fi that you can connect your phone to for internet? The reason I ask is because on my truck, since it has that, whenever it comes time to update the Uconnect, I don’t have to use a flash drive to update my system because since basically my truck has its own phone number, it updates itself from a download file that it receives over the air. Is your Uconnect up to date? I think it’s drive Uconnect.com and you enter your vin and it’ll tell you if there’s any updates.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How old is your truck? I really can’t recall because believe it or not, it’s been a very long time since I’ve received a call while I’ve been in my truck but if when the phone rings and if it’s that loud, I think I would’ve remembered it because if I’m not mistaken, I think the only thing that makes the ringing sound is just my phone itself. If I recall, I don’t think I actually have a ringing sound that comes through the speakers in my truck.

But who knows.... is your truck new enough to where it has the built-in Wi-Fi that you can connect your phone to for internet? The reason I ask is because on my truck, since it has that, whenever it comes time to update the Uconnect, I don’t have to use a flash drive to update my system because since basically my truck has its own phone number, it updates itself from a download file that it receives over the air. Is your Uconnect up to date? I think it’s drive Uconnect.com and you enter your vin and it’ll tell you if there’s any updates.

brand new. It was built july of 2020. I did a search and it is plaguing many people and Uconnect apparently can not fix it no matter how hard they have tried. My phone can have the ring tone turned off makes no difference. for kicks I entered my vin number on uconnect and says no updates for my truck.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On mine when I get a text the volume is way too loud when it reads it to me. Tried to adjust it down and can while it's reading, but reverts back up on the next one. I ended up disabling the feature because it annoys me so much.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On mine when I get a text the volume is way too loud when it reads it to me. Tried to adjust it down and can while it's reading, but reverts back up on the next one. I ended up disabling the feature because it annoys me so much.

Yeah, I tried that in my truck for a while and it didn’t take me long to realize how much of a pain in the ass that was.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
brand new. It was built july of 2020. I did a search and it is plaguing many people and Uconnect apparently can not fix it no matter how hard they have tried. My phone can have the ring tone turned off makes no difference. for kicks I entered my vin number on uconnect and says no updates for my truck.

OK so your truck should have that built-in Wi-Fi feature so for you at least, the days of having to manually upgrade your Uconnect’s firmware with a flash drive is over, because your radio will automatically update itself as an update comes out.

But maybe this is just something that will have to be resolved in a future update.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is, you just have to change that setting within your maps on your phone to where it’s something like, “announce directions as a Bluetooth call” or something like that I think which means it’ll interrupt, or it should interrupt whatever audio source that you’re using to announce your turn by turn directions.

I'll take a look but it only talks over when i have the bluetooth music on the phone playing. I cant seem to get it to talk over the radio or the music stick. I have the 5in not the 8.

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing that annoys me is the tow mirror configuration. IMO the spotter mirror is in the wrong corner. If a guy could swap just the mirror glass from one side to the other......

jack67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, a lot of hate with 450 pages worth :0

Well, I have two big gripes!
1. The shifter knob instead of real shifter on console.
It don't seem right, kind of like a radio knob. I don't know what the engineers were thinking. I almost didn't buy this Ram because of it, but everything else was so nice with all the extras I thought I'd get use to it.
NOT!!!
I won't by another car of any kind that has a shifter knob.

2. I took it in for recall which were several things and not paying attention one was the software prevention of if your door is open, you cannot drive the truck forward or backwards until you shut the door and you have to put it back in park before the truck will move. There are lots of times I want the door open, like to see how close I am to the curb when parking or when backing up, I want to see what's going on on the side toward the rear are of few things... Absolutely hate this feature.