What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4th Gen. "dislikes"?

What are some of the least things you like about your 4th generation Ram? (This isn't a knock on the truck at all. I LOVE my Ram and this is my second brand new Ram in 10 years.)
I guess I'll go first.
I don't really like the windshield washer nozzles on the hood. I like the way they were on my 3rd gen Daytona. The other thing I'm not too crazy about is the way the MDS comes on/engages. Don't like the "drone" I guess you call it. These aren't real issues for me, just wanted to see what others have to share.

Cheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a dislike but more of a why not? The tailgate should be soft opening from the factory. The Tail gate assist is a great addition for $25 but I think in 2016 it should be installed on the assembly line.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't have many complaints about it but these are the top two: the third brake light leak, I know most 3rd brake lights leak but nothing leaks as bad as these (fixed it with a quick trip to Home Depot). The squeaky rambox lids rank up there also. Other than those love the performance of the truck compared to my 3rd Gen just wish they still had leaf springs though.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quad headlights

MDS

I wish Dodge/Ram was a bit more aftermarket friendly

Electrical gremlins associated with the dash/8.4 info center

resale values

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The U Connect blows it's a piece of s*** IMO, guessing mine got made on a hungover Monday

I still love my truck though wouldn't trade it for nothin as long as its driving down the road!

Last edited:

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dislikes:

oem projectors are not real HID's. They suck

No tailgate assist..... hate gates that slam down.

Too many rams on the road. I love mine, but dont feel that special since i see the rams everywhere now :)

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
While I really like my truck there are a few things I don't like:
1) The white stuff that keeps forming on the hood liner, even on the second one.
2) No audio controls. Forgot to ask when buying. Fixed with a leather wheel from LKQ.
3) The weird spoiler on the tailgate that catches water. No big deal-I expect to replace it with a 5th wheel gate at some point.
That's it. Much nicer than my '01.5 CTD dually, my former favorite truck.

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4
Oil filter location and not having a cabin filter from factory. I've done the mod and a world of difference in air quality. Eventually will add a separate filter receiver, but ok for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
My biggest gripe is no manual transmission behind the hemi in hd trucks. I loved my '06 2500 that had a G56 behind the 5.7L. I had to sell it and get something with 2 more doors to fit carseats or else I'd still have it.

edit: a cabin air filter would be nice too as stated already!

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The slight clunk I hear/ feel when coming to a stop sometimes. I think it is the tranny going into neutral or whatever.
There's a TSB/flash for that.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk