What gear do you keep in your Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Let me think...

Behind rear seats:
  • Two pairs of leather gloves
  • First aid kit
  • Paper towels
  • Foxwell battery tester
  • Cold-rated duct tape
Under driver-side rear seat (Alpine system, so the sub takes up the passenger side):
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Billy Club universal lug wrench
  • Extra pair of winter gloves and stocking cap (also serve as good padding to keep the extinguisher and wrench from making noise)
Rear driver-side floor storage bin:
  • Reusable bags for grocery or other stores
Rear passenger-side floor storage bin:
  • Ratchet straps
Passenger-side Rambox:
  • Spring/Summer - Jump Pack, Air pump (120v and 12v)
  • Late Fall/Winter - Jump Pack, Air pump (120v and 12v), Recovery straps, D-Ring hitch, Tire cables (light chains)
Driver-side Rambox I keep empty for quick misc. storage.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jumper cables, long half inch breaker bar for the wheels, beefy rubber mallet just in case the hub doesent want to let go of the wheel from corrosion, android and iphone charger, extra pairs of sun glasses for when the ol lady complains thats its bright outside and she forgot hers! Ratchet straps, and a blanket for if i ever get stranded or when my passenger gets too cold because i refuse to turn down the ac

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have everything u said. Are we related?

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Jumper cables
Hitch
Tow/snatch strap
Gloves
Dog bone multi-socket
First aid kit
Ratchet straps and bungees
Mini compressor

I’ve got a couple of tool bags in the garage with other items always on the ready for trips, projects, and adventures

Something like this plus a built in battery jump starter thing and at least one firearm. I keep a torque wrench (cheap one) and a socket for the lug nuts and when on long road trips I include my Makita 18V impact wrench and a 60 ft-lb torque stick for when running them back down. Back of passenger seat has one of those molle panels with first aid kit and pouches for multi-tool, fixed blade knife and an emergency wine opener. :D

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m really surprised most guys don’t mention a flashlight or is that so basic we don’t think of listing it? I think I have at least 4 in my truck. I just got my Ram about a month ago so I’m still trying to get it equipped. Plan to do the rear set mod this weekend.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m really surprised most guys don’t mention a flashlight or is that so basic we don’t think of listing it? I think I have at least 4 in my truck. I just got my Ram about a month ago so I’m still trying to get it equipped. Plan to do the rear set mod this weekend.
Some smart phones, the ones with dual flash, actually have decent built in flashlights for up close work.

Technically my magnetic "LED flares" slapped to the driver side of the bed have flashlights too, but they aren't really aimable but can work in a pinch like a handheld flashlight. So I have this rota-light that's pretty cool: https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2025233/ which I forgot to list, which is slapped on the passenger side of the bed.

Sometimes, but not always, I also have this evil StreamlightProTac HL-5X in the vehicle, 3.5K lumen muahahahahah!!! *bites pinky while strobing at your eyeballs*

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Some smart phones, the ones with dual flash, actually have decent built in flashlights for up close work.

Technically my magnetic "LED flares" slapped to the driver side of the bed have flashlights too, but they aren't really aimable but can work in a pinch like a handheld flashlight. So I have this rota-light that's pretty cool: https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2025233/ which I forgot to list, which is slapped on the passenger side of the bed.

Sometimes, but not always, I also have this evil StreamlightProTac HL-5X in the vehicle, 3.5K lumen muahahahahah!!! *bites pinky while strobing at your eyeballs*
Not listed on mine but I do carry a flashlight as well. I have 2 and 1 also has a setting for a blinking Red Light and a magnet base the BIG Larry :O. https://www.amazon.com/Magnum-Flashlight-Worklight-Magnetic-Assorted/dp/B012DH2KG4

Last edited:
OP
OP
nwsewell

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didnt think to mention it, but I do keep a couple flashlights in the truck. A small LED one that takes 3 AAAs in the center console, and a big rechargeable one that doubles as a stun gun just under the front passenger seat for my girl. She doesnt like guns and refuses to learn how to use mine, but I won't let her sit in my truck alone without some means to protect herself in an emergency.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Flashlight, jumper cables, bic lighter, small volt meter, water, tire gauge, tire pump, tire repair plugs, 4 way lug wrench, Coleman cot/with pad and sleeping bag in my cap, extra fuses, sunglasses and a rain coat. For long trips, a small tool kit, a 2nd spare tire, ice chest and anything I might need. The gun is always on me with more ammo on long trips.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I try to keep my vehicle as empty as possible as much as i can, and only lug around what i consider to be necessities.

What do you keep in your truck at all times?

For me:
15ft jumper cables, 4 straps and ratchets, 8'x10' tarp, pocket knife, scissors, small toolkit with socket set & screwdrivers, microfiber rags, chrome polish spray, extra phone charger, 6ft extension cord and a spare pair of glasses in case i lose a contact while im out and about.

I carry a few shop towels, a flashlight, the ball hitch and pin. I haven't carried jumper cables since I stopped buying Chevies.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels, now at 015575 miles

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cargo net, fire extinguisher, traction boards, VIAIR compressor, tool bag, drop hitch/ball, tug strap, tow strap, winching gear (shackles, tree saver, snatch block), bolt cutters, branch trimmers, gloves, a few 1lb propane bottles, a tarp, paracord, tie down straps, NOCO battery jump pack, small solar charger, and a few little other items I can't think of. All this is in my Weatherguard bed box.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1st aid kits (yes - 2) ropes, bungees, tarp, tire chocks, fire extinguisher, tow strap, jumper cables, small tool box, fire police vest, coat, hat, & radio, traffic wand, fold up stop /slow sign, electronic flares, real flares, 5 collapsible lighted traffic cones, pocket knives (yes more than 1), gloves (assorted), 4 way tire iron....but not as much as I did in my old truck.
Oh ya, towels and window cleaner, extra fluids, washer, oil, etc.

Slevin

Reaction score
I have a lot of similar things but also have diesel fuel additive and a funnel. Right now I keep them in a plastic bag in my RamBox but was wondering if anyone else has a better solution.

The residue on the funnel sticks to the plastic bag and makes it tough to get out sometimes.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
in cab: owners manual, receipts. electronic cords, small first aid kit, headlamp, flashlight, sunglasses, tissues, fishing/hunting regulations. Under rear seat: blanket, snowbrush/scraper, umbrella, blanket. Ramboxes: left side: tarp, small tool box, fire extinguisher, large first aid kit, tow strap, jumper cables, towel. right side: rollaround jack, heavy lug wrench, wheel chocks, orange vest, shovel, wood blocks, jack oil, gloves, rags, WD40. Not everything, just from memory.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Under the back-bench: Tow rope, 2 tarps, two pair of work gloves, one of two hitches (the other sits in the receiver), a bunch of bungee cords, cargo straps, snow chains, a small tool kit, jumper cables, a small throw blanket, a space blanket, a couple of those tiny emergency ponchos, a bottle of (chainsaw) bar oil, a small(-ish) crowbar, a couple of disposable flashlights (one handheld, one with a headband), a couple of those reusable shopping bags, and the factory floormats because they cover everything nicely. I'm sure I missed something, though...

Under the passenger seat is a small backpack with emergency stuff like freeze-dried food, TP, a spare pair of socks, hand-warmers, etc. (in case I get stuck on a remote road somewhere in mid-winter.)

The back cupholders carry bottled water, just because.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jumper cables, two tow straps, a bunch of ratchet straps, chain, hitches and locking pin, knife, spare fire Dept. vest, phone chargers, aux cord, blanket and coat, hats, washer fluid, spare fluids just in case. I need to go through my toolbox and get rid of some of my old truck fluids and replace with stuff for this truck. I keep my things quite organized and for long trips I always pack just about all the tools I would need for a roadside repair that doesn't require an air hammer or welder. Never leave home without my .40 though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A whole bunch of stuff, common sense necessities under seats and a whole lotta work stuff above

20181027_080016.jpg

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I carry a lot. First aid kit, emergency blankets, fire extinguisher, shovel, 200pcs tool set, small floor Jack, tire repair kit, 12v air compressor, electric impact wrench, tow straps and shackle, jumper cables, rain gear and tarp, blocks of 4x4s, bunch of tie downs, 500ft 5/50 cord, oil and antifreeze and tire chains. Also have misc tools the Flash lights road and road flares. I am definitely a guy to flag down if your broke down on the side of the road.