What rear springs are you running to give leveled truck rake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On my new 2018 Ram 1500 I put Fox 2.0 coil overs (setting all the way up, so 2" lift) on my front end, and Fox 2.0 struts on the rear, resulting in a "level." I did not replace the rear springs. Even though you can call this "leveling," to the eye it still looked like I had a slight rake. I figured I'd give it a try first before jumping on getting rear springs to lift the rear up and get the rake back. This past weekend I went on a trip and had only about 400lbs in my bed, and the darn thing sagged down to a negative rake, so I for sure want to get the rear lifted up now.

What springs are you guys running in the rear to achieve at least close to OEM rake with the front end lifted 2"?

Alternatively, has anybody had any success instead using some high quality spacer pucks instead of replacing OEM rear springs with new springs that lift 1-1.5"? I'm also considering this option....

Thanks!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone replies here that has replaced these coil springs, did you get and keep the advertised lift increase?

example....Did the ICON 1-1/2" coils give you 1-1/2" and did they sag any?...same question for all brands

BriamH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air bags are another option to get rid of the sag.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same question, maybe those running the Icons in the back can post measurement to the rear fenders before/after, so we know how much lift they add?
I want to buy a set for my truck, which is also leveled 2" in the front, with factory springs in the back, I'm running a full spare in the bed (100lbs) and at the moment, it seems the extra weight hasn't pushed anything down, she's still 1/2" taller in the back.

W_Lyles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what it's worth, I have the 5100's at 2.8 in the front and nothing to the rear. After towing the boat I found the rear sagging to much for my liking. I ended up getting the Rear Coil Spring Kit (35% Capacity Increase w/ Variable Rate) (TTC-1223V) from SD Truck Springs. Now the truck remains "level" without load and does not sag when under load. For me this was a win in my book.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post measurements from ground to rear fenders before/after? Was this TTC1223V shorter than the stockers ? that's what i've read about them, they're progressive springs, but 1/8" shorter than stock....i haven't seen any pics or measurements so i have no idea about those claims, some others say they got 1/2 more in the back without weight, no measurements before/after either..., i don't know how why we haven't built a little database with this info, it'll help so many people, especially since the aftermarket specs for coil springs in this truck remain hidden from us, it's ridicuolus in this segment for the aftermarket to keep this as some sort of secret, especially considering the segment has towing/hauling as a priority, what is 10%,20%,50% more capacity ? % of what ? how much weight does it takes to compress the factory springs 1" ????? and what's the factory spring lenght ?? this is not rocket science vendors, please show at least the basics..... Ty

Last edited:

W_Lyles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post measurements from ground to rear fenders before/after? Was this TTC1223V shorter than the stockers ? that's what i've read about them, they're progressive springs, but 1/8" shorter than stock....i haven't seen any pics or measurements so i have no idea about those claims, some others say they got 1/2 more in the back without weight, no measurements before/after either..., i don't know how why we haven't built a little database with this info, it'll help so many people, especially since the aftermarket specs for coil springs in this truck remain hidden from us, it's ridicuolus in this segment for the aftermarket to keep this as some sort of secret, especially considering the segment has towing/hauling as a priority, what is 10%,20%,50% more capacity ? % of what ? how much weight does it takes to compress the factory springs 1" ????? and what's the factory spring lenght ?? this is not rocket science vendors, please show at least the basics..... Ty

Wish I could answer those questions friend but unfortunately I did not measure before. I just went out and measured from ground to bottom of rear fender and that was 39-3/8". My tire/wheel setup is 305/70/17.
This mod was done over a year ago but I do recall the springs being around the same height. I pretty much went off of what I read from a quick search, speaking with a rep at SD Springs and a recommendation from a friend so when I got them I just slapped them in.

cmznj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have bilsteins set at 2.8 in the back I did nothing and it was perfectly level put 2-400lbs and it swat. I did the airlift 1000 for about $70 just a bag that goes in the coil ran the lines to the hitch . I run at about 20lbs when I tow or haul anything and it doesn’t squat till over 1000. I had a ton of sand and it squat about 2” I towed a 7500lb trailer and it barely squat at all. Definitely a great investment and pretty easy to install

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could answer those questions friend but unfortunately I did not measure before. I just went out and measured from ground to bottom of rear fender and that was 39-3/8". My tire/wheel setup is 305/70/17.
This mod was done over a year ago but I do recall the springs being around the same height. I pretty much went off of what I read from a quick search, speaking with a rep at SD Springs and a recommendation from a friend so when I got them I just slapped them in.

Cool, Ty, so those 1223V should be stock height as advertised, but should be able to hold more load, i think is 35% if memory serves me well?

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 6" RC lift. I added Bilstiens to the front and the guy adjusted them a bit high, so the front was 3/4" higher. I liked the look, so added Icon 1.5" springs to the back. I got a true 1.5" and no/very little sag when towing my bassboat

W_Lyles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, Ty, so those 1223V should be stock height as advertised, but should be able to hold more load, i think is 35% if memory serves me well?

No problem. Yes, they will be stock height but since it is a "variable" spring when more load is put on them the more they will be able to take, thus resulting in less sag. And yes, those are 35% increase in load capacity if you will. You can tell on the spring too between the space between each coil larger gaps on one end and it coils tighter at the other end.