What tonneau cover do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an Extang Trifecta Emax for the last three years. Great cover but the material was shrinking and the frame corners were showing.
So I now have a Gator FX3 hard tri-fold cover for the security that the soft cover doesn't have.
It's a little heavy but doesn't bounce around and still folds up to the back of the cab for full bed access

20201015_170227.jpg

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have the Gator EFX Hard Tri-Fold. I also installed the retractable tie-downs because supposedly you can put up to 300lbs on top of the cover.

image8.jpeg

image12.jpeg

OP
OP
F

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Lomax cover is what I’ve had for about 3 yrs now and it’s great.

Does it leak after 3 years? Or does the parachute cord that you pull to unlock the cover loosen?

What I like about this cover is you just pull a strap when you want to remove the whole thing if you need all of your bed. I do not like the trifold coves that flip up and block your rear view mirror. There are plenty of situations where I need the whole bed, but still carry items short enough for good rear visibility.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it leak after 3 years? Or does the parachute cord that you pull to unlock the cover loosen?

What I like about this cover is you just pull a strap when you want to remove the whole thing if you need all of your bed. I do not like the trifold coves that flip up and block your rear view mirror. There are plenty of situations where I need the whole bed, but still carry items short enough for good rear visibility.

No leaks and still opens and closes like new. If you’re interested in one PM Nick@GotExhaust for the best deal.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the Retrax One MX polycarbonate tonneau cover and am quite happy with it. No water penetration other than from the tailgate area when I go through a touchless wash.

That's not the Retrax fault but our tailgate's issue. I rectified it somewhat with a tailgate seal that really helps.

UcAqNQe.jpg

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Backflip fibermax. I am on my THIRD one. 1st lasted 1 year then all the rubber hinges shrank exposing a 1/2” gap on both sides of every hinge. Got warranted replacement . One and a half year later that one lost its sheen and exposed fiberglass covered the whole thing. Warranty again. Was told they would not replace after this one. Third one same as NUMBER TWO same time frame same issue .everyone leaked also

Last edited:

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tonnopro loroll for almost 3 years now. Minor leaking during heavy rains. Stays dry in car washes. I like the roll up better than the trifold s I had previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy Baumeister

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This is the fourth Ram that I have had the Access roll up cover. I prefer the rollup over tri-folds or hard covers. The Access covers have always lasted.

kong79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the Tyger tri-fold and it seems nice. It has a semi-matte surface which I think looks better then the shiny finish on my other covers. Not sure about watertight yet, it hasn't rained for awhile and hasn't been through a car wash yet. Fit was nice, although it's not overly long, so I did a lot of shifting it back and forth until I got it where I thought it would seal the best. The biggest pain, as always, is trimming the stock truck box edge covers so the clamps are actually pulling on the metal lip and not the plastic.

Jason Carlson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I have the BAKFlip MX4 hard folding truck bed cover. It is my first ever hard cover so I can't compare with others but I do love it. In two years I've never had leaks come through the cover at the top. I do however get leaks coming in at times from the bottom rear truck bed drain holes but it is very minimum and I suspect sometimes up from where the tailgate and box bed meet.

I've also hauled a couple things on top of cover without issue. I think it supports up to 300lb.

Big D's Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extang tri-fold on mine now for 5 years, still holding up well with no water or shrinkage issues. But it gets mold growing on it unless I scrub it with a cleaner like Simple Green. It was fine the first 3 years but now this happens regularly. I'm guessing whatever they treated it with now no longer works.

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an Access cover on my Ram for 10 years with zero issues and it was water tight. The fit at the time seemed much better than the competitors for velcro-closure style covers. On a family camping trip, mine held up to some sudden massive crosswinds that blew over a big rig while both my family's Tuxedo covers blew open. I bought another one for my Tundra and have had it for 3 years and it's held up great as well.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Undercover Elite hard tonneau that’s painted to match, for me. Had a Retrax Pro roll-up cover which was great for ease of use, hardly any hindering at all for bed use, and security but after two years of fighting water intrusion and even having the side rails replaced under warranty, that was enough to make me decide it was time to get rid of it.

The Undercover hinders your bed use by quite a bit but at least it is easily removable and they even give you hardware to hang the cover on your garage wall when truck stuff needs to be done. I don’t use my bed for much of anything except for just a really large trunk so I guess this type of cover really works out for me, especially that it’s extremely waterproof. It covers and overlaps the whole top of the bed and the tailgate, which I’m not too terribly upset about because I liked being able to have the ability to open and close my tailgate without having to screw with the cover but then again, if keeping water out of my bed that has a bed rug in it is the cost of having to open my cover anytime I want to access the truck bed, I’m OK with that. It wouldn’t be so bad if the manufacturer would’ve found a way to keep using the programmable lock cylinder so I could just use my emergency key in my fob to lock/unlock it rather than having to carry an extra key for it but it is what it is. Still love the cover and think it’s worth every penny.

The only other weatherproofing I had to do on my bed was on the sides of my bed rails between the tailgate where the tailights are, was add some weatherstripping. My bed pretty much stays bone dry, even through the heaviest rain storm. I can even go through an automated car wash and whatever is in my bed’s gonna be bone dry.dd4d8ccf81edce5d935ccdaed97b84c9.jpg
31c256c4f33c311d89e2f64065e0d887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Tuxedo Lo-Pro on my Ram. If you make sure the tailgate lip is not tucked in when you shut the tailgate (need to shut tailgate, then secure cover). it is very rain-proof.

Fred Chapman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Rhino tri fold and although it is not 100% watertight, works very well keeping things dry and having flexibility to fold it up or down.

patmanz28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tonnaupro soft tri fold. had for goin on 4 years and looks good as new.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went with Tonneau Pro. $289.95.. No leaks, easy to install for both 5.5 and 6.4 beds. Good luck now.

Mdeans09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a roll up type.. worked great initially but the Velcro started to loose the grip some and on a heavy crosswind it got under the cover and ripped it clean off the truck. I then opted for a tyger trifold which is more rigid and better for extreme weather conditions. Seems to be ok.. still holding on there and don’t see any leaks so far.

MikeR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gator EFX Hard Fold. Water tight and can be removed in a couple mins with no tools using four hand wheels on clamps. Completely dry after a hard rain or car wash. Aluminum on both sides, lock the tailgate and it would be very hard to break into. $650

View attachment 226324

DSC01562.JPG

DSC01563.JPG