What tonneau cover do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I had an Extang trifold on my last truck and just put a new Extang 2.0 on my new truck. Very easy to use and take off and put on.

Pretty water tight also..
I had the same one on 2 trucks and I was very happy with them for years. I have a cap now.

Andrew8917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I have the retrax pro xr. Planning on getting a rail top tent for it for road trips. Minor leakage but mostly a result of installation on my part I assume. Quiet and tracks roll smooth!

Bill Copple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a tonneau pro tri fold on my 2003 1500 and transferred it to my 2010 when I traded up. Loaned it to my son in law to move when raining who totaled his Ram with it installed and I was not able to get it back. Can’t afford to replace it and miss it so badly! I highly recommend the tonneau pro and will (someday) buy another.

LoadedSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the BakFlip hard tonneau and love it.
100% Weather tight, locks with the tailgate, folds up opening 95% of the bed (6" remains covered at the cab when fully opened), can support 400lbs of distributed load on top of it when closed.

Ramray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a mopar
Fits great and I like it
Kinda pricy tho

snowmiser68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have a TonnoPro Tri-Fold, about 40 lbs in weight and watertight, no tools necessary to install. I overtightened one of the hold downs and the manufacturer sent me out two new replacements for free within a week, great customer service.

Kevin

I had the TonnoPro on my old F250 and it’s a great soft cover. For my 2019 Ram 2500, I bought the Tyger, as it’s slightly longer - to cover the newer tailgate style of the Ram. The Tyger seems to be very comparable to the TonnoPro. They last for years!

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Truxedo PROX-15 low profile matte fabric tonneau cover on my truck and love it!! The only water that gets into my bed is from the uncovered rear stake bed holes. I chose this cover because of its low profile design, quick remove feature and lifetime warranty. I have had it on the truck for just over 3 years and no complaints thus far!

penguinphan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I have the Retrax Pro MX. Moved it from my 2015 Ram to the 2018 Ram (dealership was adding $100 to the trade in for the cover :321:). I've had it for 3 years now and the only thing I've noticed is that the latch gets a little sticky sometimes. Never have any water intrusion.

IMG_0014.jpeg IMG_0013.jpeg

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bakflip MX4 - I like it better, so far, than the BAK Rollbak I had on my last truck but that was good too!

PlainPractical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Had a Peragon. It was fairly tight (except at the tailgate) and then I put some rubber trim there, and it was just about 100% water tight. Big annoyance was making sure everything was low enough to fit under it. Got a dog, and had to move to a Leer cap. They aint cheap, but they are VERY convenient. Looks great (like it's part of the truck), locks and is dry as a bone. Crate for dog fits no problem. Annoyance of cap is you can't just tie down the back window when you have long stuff (Leer says that's the #1 way to break it).
Other option for a top is the bakflip. Friend had one and he used to load things (like christmas trees) ON TOP of the cover - I saw him standing on it. When it is folded completley up, the bed is almost completely uncovered, but the back window is blocked 100%. If you are used to driving a large truck, this is no problem, since you are used to using the side mirrors for everything.

cyco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi e torq 5.7
I have an ARE hard top no leaks and very easy to remove

Willy Bars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Back flip on a Ram box. Worked perfectly. Folded up against the rear window and did not interfere with the cargo camera. Never had to remove it to make room in the box

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
TonnoSport by Access. Sits pretty flush, rolls up to the cab when you're hauling large things. Never had a problem with leaks. After about 7 years the material wore out that makes it velcro to the side rails; I called the company and for about $170 they shipped me a new cover the next day. Just the roll up cover, all the hardware has stayed secure to the bed for the nearly 10 years I've owned the truck. I think I paid about $400 originally.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Retrax Pro MX. Moved it from my 2015 Ram to the 2018 Ram (dealership was adding $100 to the trade in for the cover :321:). I've had it for 3 years now and the only thing I've noticed is that the latch gets a little sticky sometimes. Never have any water intrusion.

View attachment 226347 View attachment 226348

I’m just curious but how do you not have any water intrusion with yours? I don’t know if I have the same bed rug as you do but I’ve got a bed rug in my truck and it seems like every time it would rain, the carpet around the back end of the bed would always be soaking wet and after performing a water leak test on mine one day, I never could get the cover to seal up where it slides along the rails that you clamp to your bed rails. And I had already even put a piece of weatherstripping that seals up the vertical sides of my tailgate so really, the only place that I should’ve had any water intrusion into the bed was between the top of the bed rails and the top of the tailgate where that crack is.

Like I said in my initial post, Retrax even warrantied my side rails but that didn’t stop anything. I also had water intrusion where the backend of the cover goes up over the top of the tailgate as well. That’s why I got rid of mine was because I got tired of everything getting soaking wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I have the Lomax. Love it! No leaks from rain. A few drips at the rear corners from the car wash. Talk to Nick at gotoexhaustdotcom for a great deal!

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
I got a vinyl tri fold for my 19 1500 Classic. Got it for looks more than anything. Can’t think of brand but only $250. Really ez to install and looks fantastic. Gets a bit of water inside when I take it through the car wash, but I don’t care. Haul mulch in the spring along with flowers. New flowers in the fall. That’s about it. So unless you have expensive stuff that can’t get wet, if recommend keep it cheap. Looks just as cool as the expensive one, it’s just not water tight.

macntatsch

Reaction score
I have the Truck covers USA American roll cover on my 2500 with rambox. I had the pace edwards jackrabbit on my previous Ram and didn’t like it. Both leak a bit at the carwash but not enough rain in socal to bother me. Both also have t-track option to mount cross bars above the bed. Good for hauling bikes or a roof top tent while towing. The jackrabbit was failing after two years. 18 months and the american seems to be holding up.