What tonneau cover do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Access Vanish roll up. Cheap, easy to clamp on, and doesn't leak... much. A drip or two when I blast it with a high pressure nozzle and it gets under the flap.

https://www.accesscover.com/vanish/

I'll likely get a couple of years out of it, but next up will be a tri fold.

383 Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Truxedo Lo-Pro QT soft roll up it has been on my 2010 Ram 1500 since the truck was new. I never had a problems with the cover. I live in eastern Canada lots of rain and snow and ice.

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a BakFlip. So far so good. Only have had the truck for a month and it's been through some good rainfall. Items in the bed remained mostly dry. Granted, I bought the truck with the cover already on it, so I don't know how long the previous owner had it on for.

Novice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Retrax pro. I like it.

Jonnyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back revolver. Worst cover ever. Vinyl is installed with glue. When it gets hot and I live in Florida so everyday, the glue softens and the vinyl shifts. They have replaced it twice. That will be the end of it. When you roll it up hot it the vinyl gets stuck in the joints and screws the whole thing up. I could go on and on. Now the felt you use your hand on is gone and I pinch my fingers in the joints trying to roll it up.

DAflyer250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an Access cover. It was on my Ram Ltd when I bought it. Releases and folds up to the front of the box easily with restraints there. Works great, totally watertight even in car washes! Five stars for me!

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently I have a Fleer Vynal soft 3 fold cover. I just bought and installed the Peragon cover but it leaked too much so its getting returned.

What brand do you have and how water tight is it? I am currently considering the LOMAX cover because its easy to remove.

I love my Lomax!!! I had mine color matched in vinyl... also very water tight!!

20180923_131314.jpg

20180923_131341.jpg

20180923_131521.jpg

20180923_131534.jpg

118449413_10221412227846785_2651807677881042870_o.jpg

MudderRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 226183 View attachment 226184 View attachment 226185
I personally prefer Roll-ups to hard or tri-folds, just a personal preference.
Had a limited budget for adding a few accessories to the truck when I bought it in late September, so I ended getting what was the cheapest option on Amazon at the time which is a Tyger soft roll-up.
Although I have read about a lot of folks having fitment issues with the Tyger branded covers, mine was a breeze to install and fits like a glove. I am also very happy with how dry it is able to maintain the bed (I guess it greatly depends on the installation). My next step is to install the tailgate seal which is where I found water ingress. Just waiting for a little warmer day before the snow hits.
I have the same one and had no issues installing it. Can't complain about the $200 price tag.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the Lund roll up on my truck, keeps water out been on the truck for several years, and the truck is parked always outdoors in the weather.

IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0571.JPG

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a trifold initially, didn’t work well for the way I use my truck...went to a retrax that I really like, and works well with the rambox

12be948a31ffd545fa543208faa5aa1c.jpg86b67ae1755b816840c30d43387bc884.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tonnopro trifold soft. Haven't done a water test, but I would say its about 95% water tight. Wasn't expecting much for the price. Think it was about $200. Happy with it. I don't leave anything in my bed that I would be worried about getting wet or stolen.

RWlRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 4X4 - Replaced 12-31-17 with '04 1500 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi.....wow what a difference 10 years makes.....
Read through this thread and saw no mention of Snug-Top hard covers.
Maybe it's a west coast brand but it's quality.
Being a carpenter I carry tools and it's secure.
Also when I roll up on some jobs, not seeing a bunch of equipment hanging out of your bed looks more professional.
Also, if you can't see what's inside it's obviously going to be harder to get into to find out.
I had one on my '94 that kept things dry.
When I got my '04 it had a camper on it which I'm not a fan of.
Went straight out and ordered a new cover.
The new one has a frame that mounts to the bed rails instead of using only the hinges at the front to hold the lid on.
I haven't had reason to take it off as I have access to other trucks and trailers but a little planning and it's off.

View media item 30190View media item 30191

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tonnopro trifold soft. Haven't done a water test, but I would say its about 95% water tight. Wasn't expecting much for the price. Think it was about $200. Happy with it. I don't leave anything in my bed that I would be worried about getting wet or stolen.

Yep, got the same one last year, cost was about what you said, I had another one of these, lasted me 9 years until I didn’t secure it and it flew off my bed and broke, lol. It was still in good condition until this mistake, good cover for the price.

Kevin

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read through this thread and saw no mention of Snug-Top hard covers.
Maybe it's a west coast brand but it's quality.
Being a carpenter I carry tools and it's secure.
Also when I roll up on some jobs, not seeing a bunch of equipment hanging out of your bed looks more professional.
Also, if you can't see what's inside it's obviously going to be harder to get into to find out.
I had one on my '94 that kept things dry.
When I got my '04 it had a camper on it which I'm not a fan of.
Went straight out and ordered a new cover.
The new one has a frame that mounts to the bed rails instead of using only the hinges at the front to hold the lid on.
I haven't had reason to take it off as I have access to other trucks and trailers but a little planning and it's off.

View media item 30190View media item 30191

Probably because that’s a camper shell and the OP of the thread is asking about tonneaus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownie289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow there are so many brands!! I had no idea...

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went with the Paragon. Needed the security of a hard top, and the easy accessible of a roll-up.
1230191449.jpg 1230191449a.jpg

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
I have an Xtang roll up. It has served me well on three different vehicles.

penguinphan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I’m just curious but how do you not have any water intrusion with yours? I don’t know if I have the same bed rug as you do but I’ve got a bed rug in my truck and it seems like every time it would rain, the carpet around the back end of the bed would always be soaking wet and after performing a water leak test on mine one day, I never could get the cover to seal up where it slides along the rails that you clamp to your bed rails. And I had already even put a piece of weatherstripping that seals up the vertical sides of my tailgate so really, the only place that I should’ve had any water intrusion into the bed was between the top of the bed rails and the top of the tailgate where that crack is.

Like I said in my initial post, Retrax even warrantied my side rails but that didn’t stop anything. I also had water intrusion where the backend of the cover goes up over the top of the tailgate as well. That’s why I got rid of mine was because I got tired of everything getting soaking wet.

I really don't know. I imagine that I don't see the same amount of rain living in Phoenix that you do. I'll have to take a look next time I head outside, but I think that the cover overlaps the tailgate by about a quarter of an inch or so. I'll run it thru the car wash on Saturday and check the bed. :D

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really don't know. I imagine that I don't see the same amount of rain living in Phoenix that you do. I'll have to take a look next time I head outside, but I think that the cover overlaps the tailgate by about a quarter of an inch or so. I'll run it thru the car wash on Saturday and check the bed. :D

That may be but living up here in Oklahoma, we do get quite a bit of rain. And most times when it rains, it rains pretty good… LOL.

But yeah, I want to say that I had my cover set to where at least an inch I believe, is what covered up the front end of the top of my tailgate but really the worst part of my water intrusion was on the sides of the cover where it slides inside those guide rails that you clamp to your bed rails. I even tried loosening those clamps up and tilting the rails out towards the outside of the bed as per instruction from Retrax when they said that little channel that’s below the cover is supposed to act like a gutter and carry whatever rainwater goes around the edge of the cover and carries it to the front and out those little drain tubes that you have to find a hole on the front of your bed to run those through but like I said, it just seemed like no matter what I did whenever it would rain, I’d get a **** load of water inside my bed, and having that carpet in there, it was bad enough that I couldn’t even put luggage in the back of the truck bed unless I had a tarp in there and had the tarp between the luggage and the bed rug and have the rest of the tarp over everything just to keep it dry.

ToyHaulin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8 Hemi® MDS VVT
Has anyone here seen a tonneau that has longitudinal sections so it opens sideways across the bed?
TonneauLongitudinal.jpg