What's in your spare fuses and relay kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeezTrucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS VVT
Asking everyone who keeps spare fuses on hand but especially CDL drivers who do so in accordance with 49 CFR 393.95(b), do you keep more than the standard blade fuses in your kit? Wondering if I should have spares of the larger square fuses and relays as well and if so, which ones.

1685548196084.png

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Keep a couple of the square fuses for the trailer lights handy. One of our bumper pulls had a grounding issue with the tail lights that was blowing fuses until we could refresh the wiring on it. Happened out on the road so even if you managed to do a side of the road wiring repair you'd still need a fuse. There are one or two spares in the box, but I would keep more than that on hand.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't think the gas trucks use the Z-Case fuses on the battery + terminal but the do have fuse on there.
I have multiple replacements for the trailer fuses, both the square and blade style along with the Z-Case fuses the EcoDiesel uses for the cooling fan, power steering, and alternator.