What's up with Hemi e torque?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello to all, newbie here.

Went to order my new Ram 1500 yesterday and was told by dealer that the 5.7L Hemi e torque could not be ordered. I called Ram Customer Service and they confirmed that it is on production hold for an indefinite period of time and would not give a reason. If there are issues, I may have to reconsider. Does anyone know what is going on??

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello to all, newbie here.

Went to order my new Ram 1500 yesterday and was told by dealer that the 5.7L Hemi e torque could not be ordered. I called Ram Customer Service and they confirmed that it is on production hold for an indefinite period of time and would not give a reason. If there are issues, I may have to reconsider. Does anyone know what is going on??

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/trying-to-order-new-limited.128620/
At least you got further with Customer Service then I did. They had about as much information as a doorknob when I called.

OP
OP
B

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was advised by dealer yesterday that eTorque Hemi is no longer available to order (for an indefinite period). Is this due to problems or is this just a parts issue? Anyone know?

kenwampus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I tried to order one on 22 Sep and couldn't. I also got nowhere with customer service. The dealer doesn't know why he can't order one, but hasn't got a recall, and said he can sell any that are on his lot. Very disappointed in RAM's lack of information to the public. I'll keep shopping, but RAM has moved from the highest to lowest priority among the other brands. I have owned four of these vehicles, but RAM is hiding something, and I am distrustful of the company at this time.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I would not over read into it. All first year new vehicle regardless of make have bottleneck and restrictions for almost the full first model year. Wrangler JL has been going through the same thing.

Electrical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Likely a part supply issue? Idk about that. Possibly a parts supply issue, yes.

With people reporting only 10 mpg with the eTorque, it could possibly be a production halt to investigate.

FCA is also in process of re-configuring manufacturing lines for the Ram 1500.

MadMJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have ordered my 19 Ram and and one point try to get it in the etorque configuration with the 5.7 at one point it was said to me that i could not order it do to parts. But later on I was told through word of mouth that, if you live in a place with High elevation what was happening with the E torque is some of the bearings was rattling when you were Towing, so instead of them keep Pushing the etorque out for production they are trying to fix the problem to prevent a recall. I don't know if the 3.6 are having the same issues or not, but that is what I heard through the grapevine

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to order one on 22 Sep and couldn't. I also got nowhere with customer service. The dealer doesn't know why he can't order one, but hasn't got a recall, and said he can sell any that are on his lot. Very disappointed in RAM's lack of information to the public. I'll keep shopping, but RAM has moved from the highest to lowest priority among the other brands. I have owned four of these vehicles, but RAM is hiding something, and I am distrustful of the company at this time.
Mine was ordered November 26th and was built and ready for shipping before Christmas. Still waiting.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Mine was ordered November 26th and was built and ready for shipping before Christmas. Still waiting.
Yours is probably one of the 1500 I see stacked up in the factory outlots.
If I remember correctly there was RRT a while back putting all the eTorque Hemi on hold for a pully issue.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yours is probably one of the 1500 I see stacked up in the factory outlots.
If I remember correctly there was RRT a while back putting all the eTorque Hemi on hold for a pully issue.
Likely. Truck was moved to Grand Marais on the 29th and left for dealer delivery at 2 today. Looks like it should be unloaded tonight!