Wheel bearing options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I look through I find a few options and prices ranging from $85-$225, but who makes the best one for the front, I think the excessive camber is tearing up one, keep getting a ABS code light and can feel something from the right front. Have not torn down to inspect yet though... if I go through that much trouble I'll just replace it but which unot is the best bang or the buck and which ones are garbage? I'm familiar and usually use timken on all my farm stuff and they are only $130ea is there any better quality than Timken??

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't speak for ram wheel bearings specifically but at work we almost exclusively use Timken bearing in our rig drawworks and angle transfer cases. For me, if they're good enough to handle that abuse and high stress, they're more than good enough for my truck when the time comes that it needs them. :waytogo:

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I replaced both of mine within a matter of months. for the first, i used a MOOG bearing from amazon. $125 right now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F38XZ7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

it arrived in good shape and works wonderfully. bolted right up.

for the 2nd one, i was forced into O'Reilly because it cratered on me on the way home. had to fix that night. I paid $275 for it. It was made by Precision. you could not really tell the difference between the two bearings.
Precision Hubs 515126 - Wheel Hub Assembly | O'Reilly Auto Parts

IIRC they are the same for 2wd and 4wd. Good luck. it should be an easy job unless you are corroded like I was.