Wheel bearing sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaddyGouge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trucks got a little over 135k original wheel bearings. 2014 ram 1500 2wd

What's y'alls opinion on the sound? The grinding is the pads on the rotor. But I'm wondering more on the grittiness sound. I'm planning on buying some wheel bearing anyways.

Truck is wondering to the right, alignment print outs are always good.

I replaced all the front end parts but the steering is still a bit sloppy. I tried moving the wheel but they were both pretty solid and didnt move.

I'm getting like a consistent ever other second roaring noise when traveling.

Driver side

Passenger side

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Watching the videos that's 100% wheel bearings. Recently did the hubs on my fathers 2500 2WD and they sounded exactly like what you've captured. Replaced them with Timkens and all was well again. Timken makes good bearings and they might also be the OE for the Mopar part since they do make alot of OE hub/bearing assemblies. There's also Moog and Mevotech that make good bearings, but my experience with MOOG lately has been less than great since they started using a bunch of made in China bits. Changing them out isn't too hard, just make sure to use a torque wrench and not an impact as outlined in the instructions that come with the new hubs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963