Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 that I just put fender flares on and now the tires are almost dead even with the flares. I would like to add some wheel spacers so they stick out further. What size spacer would anyone recommend!? Was thinking 2” spacer but not really sure. Just wanted to see what others have run with this setup. Running 35/12.5/20 tires. Thanks for help!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running 33x12.5r17 with a 1.5 inch spacers (cause I didn't think ahead when buying seconds hand wheels) and to me it looks decent, now I don't have flares but my 285/70r17's were damn near flush with my fenders and when I put on my spacers it gave me a nice stance. Honestly I would talk to people in your area and see how much the cops will bother you for having the tire poke before deciding completely.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 that I just put fender flares on and now the tires are almost dead even with the flares. I would like to add some wheel spacers so they stick out further. What size spacer would anyone recommend!? Was thinking 2” spacer but not really sure. Just wanted to see what others have run with this setup. Running 35/12.5/20 tires. Thanks for help!
1 3/4 is minimum without having to trim the lug studs. As long as they are Bora spacers you can get any size you want

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really? I'm running 1.5 inch spacers never trimmed my lugs but what do I know right.
Maybe with oem wheels it's different idk but my experience tells me otherwise.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Really? I'm running 1.5 inch spacers never trimmed my lugs but what do I know right.
Maybe with oem wheels it's different idk but my experience tells me otherwise.

Oem wheels do not need to be trimmed because there is enough room to clear the studs poking out. Most aftermarket wheels require trimming

OP
OP
Barry Phillips

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also meant to ask if adding wheel spacers would have any impact on ball joints or anything else?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Also meant to ask if adding wheel spacers would have any impact on ball joints or anything else?
Yes but not something your going to be changing twice a year. Heavy wheels and tires also effect suspension components

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I would never trust wheel spacers even hub centric ones

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
The only time there are ever issues are when they’re installed improperly, and the same can be said about the wheels themselves. I have 1” hubcentric spacers on my Power Wagon and I had to cut down all 32 lugs to get them to fit. I’ve wheeled hard in Moab and on the east coast on 37’s, done donuts in dirt fields, and had the truck to its speed limiter. The nuts holding the spacers to the hubs are just as tight as the day they were installed. You can always put some loctite on them if you’re worried.

05DB562A-BE8A-4EDC-9070-F5CD9524A80F.jpeg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
The only time there are ever issues are when they’re installed improperly, and the same can be said about the wheels themselves. I have 1” hubcentric spacers on my Power Wagon and I had to cut down all 32 lugs to get them to fit. I’ve wheeled hard in Moab and on the east coast on 37’s, done donuts in dirt fields, and had the truck to its speed limiter. The nuts holding the spacers to the hubs are just as tight as the day they were installed. You can always put some loctite on them if you’re worried.

View attachment 235897

I had thought about adding the spacers to the back since the MaxTrac spindles push out the front to make it look even but honestly now with the bushwacker fender flares they all look flush ....

What spacers do you have ? Boras ?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I had thought about adding the spacers to the back since the MaxTrac spindles push out the front to make it look even but honestly now with the bushwacker fender flares they all look flush ....

What spacers do you have ? Boras ?
Yes, Bora 1” for the 2500

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
ahh brings me back to the Jeep days

spacers - reduce threads engaged (by how ever much thickness)
upload_2021-2-1_11-26-31.png

Adapters
Capture2.JPG

haha
Capture3.JPG