Where to find OEM mirror parts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OkieDokie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All, I'm a little stumped and looking for some guidance on where to get replacement parts for the two mirrors on the 3rd gen truck. I bought what I thought was an OEM replacement mirror glass (heated) from Geno's Garage, but come to find out it is aftermarket and made by a company called Dorman. The quality of the glass is pretty crappy, and it is noticeably different than the OEM mirror. Anyway, I tried installing it anyway, and when I pried the old mirror out with a screw driver, the plastic round mount for the mirror broke off. Apparently this round mount is what snaps on to the 4 multi-position motor points, and then the mirror is supposed to slide on to the mount, and apparently it sticks to it, as well. The crappy Dorman mirror glass doesn't even come with the mount, so I don't know what to do. Mopar doesn't show the mount on their website, just the entire mirror assembly, arm and all, which is upwards of $400. Where can I get the mount and OEM glass only? I was hoping this mirror replacement would be a quick and easy project, but it's been a headache instead. Appreciate any input.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Can't help with mirror parts, but Rock Auto has mirrors. OEM quality flip out heated, inside adjustable tow mirror cost me about $150 a little over a year ago. 15 minute install and your done.

Mike

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Go on ebay and look for take-offs, you can find good condition ones. I recently had to replace my passenger tow mirror because ******** took a chunk out of it in the parking lot at work.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
I tried 4 different non oem mirrors and all of them rattled like crazy. Ended up just buying an OEM take off on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
This must be why my left mirror wiggles like crazy but the right mirror doesn't!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963