Where & When Will Service Manual Info Be Available For A 2022 RAM 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not interested in a pay as you need it service...looking for a full service manual a soft or hard copy.

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work like to have one too.
Any luck in your search?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If it's anything like my prior 2000 Silverado, the manual didn't come out until about 3 years after I bought the truck.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I used to buy the big service books when I’d buy a new truck/car. I still have some from years ago. Although I haven’t looked for quite a few years now, the last time I looked, I couldn’t find anything in print. Only CDs which seemed to replace the printed books. Also found you could buy online service information, but never did go that route.
I always like to have the book to use for reference if I was working on a vehicle. The CD or internet files are ok, but it’s not as convenient while your in the garage.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Way faster to CTRL F and search PDF on a tablet in the garage then trying to flip thru pages to find something in a book.

It will be on Ebay Knock off CDs within a year probbaly.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Way faster to CTRL F and search PDF on a tablet in the garage then trying to flip thru pages to find something in a book.

It will be on Ebay Knock off CDs within a year probbaly.
What's a tablet? Is that something like a cell phone that I also don't carry around with me all the time? :angry94:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to buy the big service books when I’d buy a new truck/car. I still have some from years ago. Although I haven’t looked for quite a few years now, the last time I looked, I couldn’t find anything in print. Only CDs which seemed to replace the printed books. Also found you could buy online service information, but never did go that route.
I always like to have the book to use for reference if I was working on a vehicle. The CD or internet files are ok, but it’s not as convenient while your in the garage.
So, I bought the on-line repair manual for my wife's Kia.... and then it happened! My hard drive crashed and I lost it! I still prefer a printed version. They're a dying breed!

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I save everything to my Google drive. ( makes it that much easier to share all my PDFs that way anyways ) and mirror my all my computers on my server.

There's zero reason to loose stuff these days.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I save everything to my Google drive. ( makes it that much easier to share all my PDFs that way anyways ) and mirror my all my computers on my server.

There's zero reason to loose stuff these days.
You might as well be talking Japanese,some of us older generation have no clue what you just said,lol.
I'm of the generation that prefers a printed manual to :waytogo:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Eric O from the YouTube channel South Main Auto did an episode on technical documents from all the manufacturers. As you would guess, they are all available for a monthly subscription fee. Some offer short-term access for a smaller fee. It is just another profit center for them and another hurdle for us to overcome.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might as well be talking Japanese,some of us older generation have no clue what you just said,lol.
I'm of the generation that prefers a printed manual to :waytogo:
Printed format manuals are largely discontinued by many manufacturers. Ditto for RPO codes and owner's manuals. Everything is "on line". I recently worked on a current generation GMC truck and went looking for the RPO code sticker and the vehicle info on the driver's door jamb sticker. Guess what? I was met with a #%!&$$$ "QR" code! WTF!? And NO RPO sticker!

This forced me to call the "Wizard of OZ" Dealer and have them tell me what was behind the black curtain! ;)

I believe I'll keep my old vehicles and the manuals rife with greasy finger smudges and dog-leafed pages. That way, if some dolt runs into a power pole nearby, taking out internet, power, and/ or cell service, I'm not dead in the water.

Perhaps, some day in the future, one can "download" a mechanic to fix one's cars.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I bought the on-line repair manual for my wife's Kia.... and then it happened! My hard drive crashed and I lost it! I still prefer a printed version. They're a dying breed!

Thanks for the reminder that my PC is past due for a full backup.

With the low cost of a portable SSD these days, having a dedicated backup device with a free backup software is most cost effective, not to mention the piece of mind it provides.

This isn't a specific recommendation, only an example. Like any purchase, I'd suggest researching to identify a reliable and most cost effective device.

There are many free backup programs available, Macrium Reflect is my preference and was most common among the users at my former tenforums.com hangout.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I have not been able to find one (made of paper not a CD) for my 2016. Believe that they did not make them. I like paper ones, much easier when it says go to this section to do this step, then you get there, and it says to go here and so on. I find it easier to put to put paper in the section's vs setting them up on a computer screen. But I will probably get a CD set, once I give up on finding paper set of catalogs. I did just find a set for our (new to us) 2008 C6 Vette. Cd's usually less than $90 catalogs cost me $300.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So much easier to drag the paper manual under the truck to refer to as you're digging around looking for something. If I had to use a tablet there is no way I would subject it to the filth and grime of that environment - greasy/oily hands, chunks of oil-embedded road dirt falling on it, tools falling on it. A paper manual thrives on that stuff.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So much easier to drag the paper manual under the truck to refer to as you're digging around looking for something. If I had to use a tablet there is no way I would subject it to the filth and grime of that environment - greasy/oily hands, chunks of oil-embedded road dirt falling on it, tools falling on it. A paper manual thrives on that stuff.

I can completely understand your point of view and would prefer the hard copy too.

I had the OEM service manuals for most vehicles I've owned during the 80s & 90s and might consider spending a few $ if there was a manual available for my RAM.

It's time to face the facts of our current existence, they're no longer available unless you're prepared to sell a kidney to buy one, if you can find it.

You don't need to drag your tablet under the truck while it's shedding road kill and local area feces or mash grease loaded fingers into the keyboard. LOL

Leave it on a nearby workbench, stretch a piece of saran wrap over the keyboard (external keyboard required for shop use) and find what you require.

An older used laptop is remarkably cheaper than a tablet but the tablet does sound more dramatic for this discussion.

If you really need to see the details while under the truck, print off the page and go.

The service manual for my last truck was priced at about $450. I got by with a virtual copy for free and printed pages when necessary.

The dealership was nearby and the parts guys would often print the pages I required.

We can all keep crying till the cows come home or just get on with it. We're here now and it's just easier to use the tools that are available instead of continuing to sob.

This post is not directed at any individual. Tulecreeper, your post was just a handy starting point for my rant. :cool:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing like a Chilton's, lol. Them pages used to get a good oiling too...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can completely understand your point of view and would prefer the hard copy too.

I had the OEM service manuals for most vehicles I've owned during the 80s & 90s and might consider spending a few $ if there was a manual available for my RAM.

It's time to face the facts of our current existence, they're no longer available unless you're prepared to sell a kidney to buy one, if you can find it.

You don't need to drag your tablet under the truck while it's shedding road kill and local area feces or mash grease loaded fingers into the keyboard. LOL

Leave it on a nearby workbench, stretch a piece of saran wrap over the keyboard (external keyboard required for shop use) and find what you require.

An older used laptop is remarkably cheaper than a tablet but the tablet does sound more dramatic for this discussion.

If you really need to see the details while under the truck, print off the page and go.

The service manual for my last truck was priced at about $450. I got by with a virtual copy for free and printed pages when necessary.

The dealership was nearby and the parts guys would often print the pages I required.

We can all keep crying till the cows come home or just get on with it. We're here now and it's just easier to use the tools that are available instead of continuing to sob.

This post is not directed at any individual. Tulecreeper, your post was just a handy starting point for my rant. :cool:

Yup, nothing betta than a Chilton's, but alas, kinda like Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia's too, lol. Are we all showing our age??? :33::Big Laugh::angels25:

ADDED: I was trying to help my neighbor with his 4 wheel Honda ATV Pioneer 700 S, all I could find was on line. So I D/L to my nice brand new 2013 HP 2000 laptop and ran off of that to help with MX. Unfortunately, it is what it is, the times R a changing, LOL.

CAVEAT: Kinda makes me wonder when "money", as in paper form will cease to exist and be collector's items and all transactions be digital, I kinda see that coming, but hope I am gone before that is forced on us. I like the feel of "money" in the wallet and in the hand. Yup, old frazzled BOIRD I be.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing like a Chilton's, lol. Them pages used to get a good oiling too...

The thing about Chilton's or Hanes manuals, they're usually written by different people.

I've used both for motorcycles, cars, and trucks.

Some were spectacular and some we're completely useless.

I should have asked, have you found a useful Chilton's manual for your Ram?

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing about Chilton's or Hanes manuals, they're usually written by different people.

I've used both for motorcycles, cars, and trucks.

Some were spectacular and some we're completely useless.

I used whatever I could find ref my vehicles. Last one I had for a 67 Chevy Impala SS. Helped a lot when working on the motor. Especially since I am/was not a trained mechanic, just known as a driveway/backyard wrench turner, LOL. Had an "A" frame in Mom's driveway. SHE was neva happy about that.