Where & When Will Service Manual Info Be Available For A 2022 RAM 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That must of been the experimental 396,if you could bolt it's intake onto a small block 327,lol. The 396 is a big block,and it's intake is alot wider/bigger then the 327 small block intakes were.
A 427 and 396 are interchangable though
UH OH, BOIRD brain at it's best.

Lemme think and make sure I not getting my Chevy mixed up with my friend's 383, with the cookie sheet. One of dem cars we had 2 manifolds that we bolted on at the track,. IT may have been the 383, argh. Trying to remember if it was the 396 or 350 small we put on on the 327. U know, JUST not sure, had to be the 350 manifold . That was 72/73 and we were all kinda fried, lmao. Did we pull the Rochester and put on 350 manifold, we may have put on 350 with adapto-plate on the 327. Those were not memorable years, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (Remember those adapto plates, lmao).

lemme see friend's 383 in a 65 Chrysler 300: had a Carter 2 barrel on it. With the cookie sheet, we went to track and dropped on a big 4 barrel pumper on it for racing, had whole another manifold in trunk.

Friend also ran a stock 440 with Carter 4 barrel, stock 3/4 cam (no nitrous) (Dodge Coronet RT 440). We used to race the State PD from toll booth to toll booth, lmao. They had them big Fury III's and thought they were bad. They NEVA beat that Coronet. More than once, they made us POP the hood to make sure it was street legal, which it was. Biggest bummer: we had to pay the toll each time, not PD, lmao.

ADDED: Had a 427 Impala in garage, just never got that setup. WAY too much $$$$$$ for a kid working in a factory making $2.01 an hour. Sold it to somebody from local track, that was a mistake.

CAVEAT: Boy, wish I would have kept that ole Impala or even my 68 Cutlass with the 350 Jetfire. The things U do as a kid that U regret over 50 years later.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only you would know these details like the back of your hand. :cool:

I have a hard time remembering my name unless I look at my retired military ID, lmao. Remembering all them numbers and what went where, argh..... Forget even doing rear ends. That hopeless. Whateva was on ride, was there. We just if we had the money put Cragar rims on there and called it good.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That must of been the experimental 396,if you could bolt it's intake onto a small block 327,lol. The 396 is a big block,and it's intake is alot wider/bigger then the 327 small block intakes were.
A 427 and 396 are interchangable though
NAH, monster dumb BOIRD TRYING to remember ancient history. I was neva a motorhead, strictly driveway stuff.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
UH OH, BOIRD brain at it's best.

Lemme think and make sure I not getting my Chevy mixed up with my friend's 383, with the cookie sheet. One of dem cars we had 2 manifolds that we bolted on at the track,. IT may have been the 383, argh. Trying to remember if it was the 396 or 350 small we put on on the 327. U know, JUST not sure, had to be the 350 manifold . That was 72/73 and we were all kinda fried, lmao. Did we pull the Rochester and put on 350 manifold, we may have put on 350 with adapto-plate on the 327. Those were not memorable years, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (Remember those adapto plates, lmao).

lemme see friend's 383 in a 65 Chrysler 300: had a Carter 2 barrel on it. With the cookie sheet, we went to track and dropped on a big 4 barrel pumper on it for racing, had whole another manifold in trunk.

Friend also ran a stock 440 with Carter 4 barrel, stock 3/4 cam (no nitrous) (Dodge Coronet RT 440). We used to race the State PD from toll booth to toll booth, lmao. They had them big Fury III's and thought they were bad. They NEVA beat that Coronet. More than once, they made us POP the hood to make sure it was street legal, which it was. Biggest bummer: we had to pay the toll each time, not PD, lmao.

ADDED: Had a 427 Impala in garage, just never got that setup. WAY too much $$$$$$ for a kid working in a factory making $2.01 an hour. Sold it to somebody from local track, that was a mistake.

CAVEAT: Boy, wish I would have kept that ole Impala or even my 68 Cutlass with the 350 Jetfire. The things U do as a kid that U regret over 50 years later.
There's days i wish i'd never sold a few toys,but then i remind myself about the amount of work and money it took to keep them running,and that feeling goes away,lol.All my toys in my younger days had a habit of going through engines /transmissions/rearends etc. fairly often :Big Laugh: A week after i met my wife ,she was flat on her back helping me swap the transmission in the Camaro:Big Laugh:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's days i wish i'd never sold a few toys,but then i remind myself about the amount of work and money it took to keep them running,and that feeling goes away,lol.All my toys in my younger days had a habit of going through engines /transmissions/rearends etc. fairly often :Big Laugh: A week after i met my wife ,she was flat on her back helping me swap the transmission in the Camaro:Big Laugh:
Sounds like U found yer perfect soul mate. Had to reserve ALL other comments, not PC for 2023. j/k

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sounds like U found yer perfect soul mate. Had to reserve ALL other comments, not PC for 2023. j/k
When i had to replace the transmission in the truck a few years back,she was the one helping me,lol.
I'll be the first to admit,i have a great lady,although she's almost as hard on parts as i am,she'll actually go through rear tires on her toy faster,then i will,so i buy cheap rear tires :Big Laugh:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When i had to replace the transmission in the truck a few years back,she was the one helping me,lol.
I'll be the first to admit,i have a great lady,although she's almost as hard on parts as i am,she'll actually go through rear tires on her toy faster,then i will,so i buy cheap rear tires :Big Laugh:
Please, not the Goodyear SRA's, lmao. :33::angels25:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
remember when you could buy cars for $25 to $50

This would be worth money today, they were my first two cars

I can't recall the years, I did not have a drivers license, i drove both of them around my Grand Fathers dairy farm.
The cars were a Henry J & a Willys Aero
I'm guessing, but i think the Willys was a 1952
The Henry J may have been a 1949 or 1950

Someone wanted the engine out of the Willys to put in a boat, he traded it for the Henry J

Today both cars Body shell, is worth more than the cars sold brand new

When i got my License, i bought a 1949 Chevy Business Coupe for $50 from one of my uncles.

Today everyone seems to like the 1949 Chevy Torpedo style
1700847115114.png
the business coupe was shorter

1700847248785.png

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
remember when you could buy cars for $25 to $50

This would be worth money today, they were my first two cars

I can't recall the years, I did not have a drivers license, i drove both of them around my Grand Fathers dairy farm.
The cars were a Henry J & a Willys Aero
I'm guessing, but i think the Willys was a 1952
The Henry J may have been a 1949 or 1950

Someone wanted the engine out of the Willys to put in a boat, he traded it for the Henry J

Today both cars Body shell, is worth more than the cars sold brand new

When i got my License, i bought a 1949 Chevy Business Coupe for $50 from one of my uncles.

Today everyone seems to like the 1949 Chevy Torpedo style
View attachment 532264
the business coupe was shorter

View attachment 532265
My aunt had a 49 Mercury, that was a cool looking ride also. I barely remember it.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes, one of the few things I ever regret having sold was my 1985 Yamaha FZ-750.

I'm not certain if owning a wrist rocket would be conducive to my long-term survival or that of my license but it sure was fun.

And it became even more fun thanks to Vance & Hynes, rejetting the carbs, and increasing the final gear by 3 teeth.

Can you say, Power Wheelie? :cool:

FZ-750.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes, one of the few things I ever regret having sold was my 1985 Yamaha FZ-750.

I'm not certain if owning a wrist rocket would be conducive to my long-term survival or that of my license but it sure was fun.

And it became even more fun thanks to Vance & Hynes, rejetting the carbs, and increasing the final gear by 3 teeth.

Can you say, Power Wheelie? :cool:

View attachment 532268

I lived on the back of motocross bikes as a kid,but was smart enough to never get into street bikes.I figured if they didn't kill me,they'd get my ass flung in crowbar hotel,lol. When i was on a bike or snowmobile it had 2 positions to the throttle,idle and wide open,there was no in between :Big Laugh:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lived on the back of motocross bikes as a kid,but was smart enough to never get into street bikes.I figured if they didn't kill me,they'd get my ass flung in crowbar hotel,lol. When i was on a bike or snowmobile it had 2 positions to the throttle,idle and wide open,there was no in between :Big Laugh:
I rode 2 street bikes back in the early '80s in Houston. After several years, the other drivers of Houston's streets convinced me that riding a bike was deadly. They were both Kawasaki. They sure were a blast! :)

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing I learned early on about riding a motorcycle on Houston streets and freeways was that my nimbleness and keen perspicuity about where I was in relation to traffic, trucks, and cars were my lifeline to arriving safely at my destination.
I wore a neon orange windbreaker at ALL times so I could be seen. I NEVER rode in someone's blind spot and gave myself somewhere to go always. (This last one saved me MANY times!)
I always drove "ahead" in terms of watching WAY ahead of the vehicles in my immediate proximity. That served me well, too.

I miss riding. Nowadays, my buddies all have the heavy highway thunder bikes for those long cruises. It's tempting to join them; I'm frequently invited.

Then I feel all the aches and pains from youthful indiscretions and getting old and decline!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is an ALLDATA Plan, 3 years for $129.99 for single Ram model

I am surprised that Ram has not yet come out with a CD.
There will no longer be manuals in PRINT, that is put out by the manufacturers