Which are the most comfortable/adjustable seats possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I have a 2014 SLT QC with manually adjustable cloth gray seats. In short, they SUCK. It's not that they are worn out or torn or anything. I just cannot get the correct position/support. I've tried adding foam lumbar support, and even mounting spacers attempting to raise/tilt them.

I'm at the point of looking/harvesting some seats from another truck. Not looking for heated or leather, just the most comfortable and power adjustable. Which trim or version should I be looking for?

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a 2014 SLT QC with manually adjustable cloth gray seats. In short, they SUCK. It's not that they are worn out or torn or anything. I just cannot get the correct position/support. I've tried adding foam lumbar support, and even mounting spacers attempting to raise/tilt them.

I'm at the point of looking/harvesting some seats from another truck. Not looking for heated or leather, just the most comfortable and power adjustable. Which trim or version should I be looking for?

The Laramie seats have lots of adjustability(driver does anyway), but they will be leather and heated(and possibly cooled). A Big Horn could have 8-way seat depending on the package it was equipped with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tzr916

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
In case I need to match the color/fabric, are the rear seats of a QC the same as rear seats from a CC? or MC?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Mostly, i think that you need the power seat frames

They have 2 or 3 electric motors in the frames
I think that they all bolt down the same, 2009 - 2018

You can see the 3 electric motors that control foward, back, raise & tilt
s-l1600.jpg

Your current seat cushion & back cushion will bolt up to the frame

You could buy the whole seat at auto dismantling yards or online sites
Just look for the motors that you can see from the front of the seat
The 3 motors are interchangeable

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a 15 SLT (buckets&console)and now a 19 Classic express(split bench)both p/seats and neither are all that confortable.One of the few things I don't like on these trucks.My old 97 GMC e-cab 4x4 split bench was more comfortable with nearly 500 k klm's on it when I sold it.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In case I need to match the color/fabric, are the rear seats of a QC the same as rear seats from a CC? or MC?
Quad cab and crew cab rear seats are different. Crew cabs seats are deeper front to back and have a fold down arm rest.

OP
OP
tzr916

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
You can see the 3 electric motors that control foward, back, raise & tilt
s-l1600.jpg
Is this considered "10 way" adjustable?
-raise
-lower
-forward
-back
-tilt seat up
-tilt seat down
-recline forward
-recline backward
-lumbar in
-lumbar out

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think that my drivers seat has the 6 way adjustable

I know that it electrically slides back & forth
It may raise & lower, but if it does, it's not much
I know that it tilts, but that seems more like instead staying fully raised & lifting up at the back, it instead drops the front of the seat

As far as the lumbar goes, it is just a air bag that inflates or deflates

If i am taking a trip of some distance, i am continually pressing the seat buttons

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Seat comfort is a very individual thing, especially when back problems are mixed in. I’ve found some seats with lots of adjustments still may not suit me. On the other hand sometimes a low trim manual seat has the right dimensions. I suggest hitting up some used car sales and trying out the other trim levels to see how they fit YOU.

Figure out what fits and eBay is full of seats for sale.

As previously posted investigate which models have compatible SRS equipment. The seat has to work with the SRS electronics in your vehicle.

OP
OP
tzr916

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Found a power driver seat on eBay, color and fabric matched to what's already in my truck. All hooked up and working, so far it's quite a bit better than manual, especially the adjustable lumbar.