Which UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
Still putting my eibach kit together
So i'm looking at UCAs to go with it.
I was thinking the ZONE ones as they seem to be popular on here.
Thats sort of price area i want to spend.

Any issues with the zone ones i should know about?
I looked at the list on here of all UCAs and there is a few in that price range. Any other reviews of different ones here?

I'm gonna order the maxx suspension endlinks too and probably couple of extra bits for the rear like a panhard bar so i can make sure axle is positioned correctly

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had Zones for a couple of years. No problems here. The ball joints are also replaceable which is a huge plus.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues with Zone. They can take offroad abuse, and you can run higher than stock caster if you wanted after your 2-3" lift. They're money well spent.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problems to report with the Readylift 67-1500 (there's also a new 67-1501 which has different bushings)

OP
OP
B

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
Thanks for the replies, that helps.

Here's another question
I was going to go with the matching rear eibachs shocks and springs to match the front. I see the eibach says 1" lift on rear.
Truck bed is generally empty. Sometimes i put the truck cap on is that going to cancel out the 1" lift?
Stock rake is like 2.75 inch difference between front and rear.
I was thinking to just go with the 1st clip on front as i didn't want to suddenly be nose high if i had the truck cap on. Is that likely to happen with this setup?

Basically i was thinking because the rake is so nose heavy stock now that even just at 1st clip on front eibach shock it should still look alot better.
Seriously its like a 3" difference fr to rear. Mines one of the worst ive seen for it

So i was also thinking of hdsprings like tufftruck etc to help sag but would eibachs rears shocks work with them? the 1223vt says 1.5" lift

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How heavy is the cap?
Are you doing Eibach struts with the Eibach front springs or factory springs?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks for the replies, that helps.

Here's another question
I was going to go with the matching rear eibachs shocks and springs to match the front. I see the eibach says 1" lift on rear.
Truck bed is generally empty. Sometimes i put the truck cap on is that going to cancel out the 1" lift?
Stock rake is like 2.75 inch difference between front and rear.
I was thinking to just go with the 1st clip on front as i didn't want to suddenly be nose high if i had the truck cap on. Is that likely to happen with this setup?

Basically i was thinking because the rake is so nose heavy stock now that even just at 1st clip on front eibach shock it should still look alot better.
Seriously its like a 3" difference fr to rear. Mines one of the worst ive seen for it

So i was also thinking of hdsprings like tufftruck etc to help sag but would eibachs rears shocks work with them? the 1223vt says 1.5" lift
Caps usually drop the rear 1/2 to 3/4" tops. Different springs also change that as well. tufftruck springs most likely wont move. My cap drops my rear 3/4" with the zone 5" lift coils for a reference

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eibach claims their rear springs are 10% higher rate than stock. They are dual rate and include stack bumpers for the ride coils

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you only do a 1.5" front lift, you'll have little over 1" rake, but surprisingly the truck will look level. Mine is set up with 1.5" front lift, 3/4" rear spacer and AirLift 1000 airbags (running 8-10psi when unloaded). If I were to do it again, I'd go straight to 2" front end lift and 1" rear (spring or spacer). Personally, I like running air bags in the rear, used them in other vehicles for decades. You can play with air pressure when unloaded to maintain the stock smooth ride and pump them up if carrying a heavy load. I towed a 6,000# trailer couple months ago , air bags set at 22 PSI, towed very nice.

OP
OP
B

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
How heavy is the cap?
Are you doing Eibach struts with the Eibach front springs or factory springs?

Just a regular ARE cap nothing special not work one or anything and only used a bit during winter
Eibach everything is what i wanted ideally (just waiting on the postman) usual eibach backorder. I've ordered Eibach front shocks and eibach front springs was just about to order stuff for the rear

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still putting my eibach kit together
So i'm looking at UCAs to go with it.
I was thinking the ZONE ones as they seem to be popular on here.
Thats sort of price area i want to spend.

Check out jbaoffroad.com
JBA makes a great upper control arm. Spend a few minutes on the website reading about them and watching a couple videos about the UCA. I think they’re one of the best out there, especially for the price.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a regular ARE cap nothing special not work one or anything and only used a bit during winter
Eibach everything is what i wanted ideally (just waiting on the postman) usual eibach backorder. I've ordered Eibach front shocks and eibach front springs was just about to order stuff for the rear

With stock springs, you can expect a drop of 1" every 400lbs
Eibachs provide 10% stiffer springs compared to stock and they're 1.5" longer as well compared to stock. If you're into offroding you want longer springs. They will provide 1" lift over stock height, so using what we know from the factory springs it'll take 440lbs to drop them one inch. Eibach rear springs are linear, they're not variable rate. verified by Eibach.

TT springs are for the most part shorter than stock , Most of their line feature linear rates though they have 2 versions that are variable rate. 1223VT is the only one i'll look but it'll be at the very last of my list of choices since they're only .25" longer than stock. Again my theme is offroad so i don't compute installing items, in this case Coil springs that are shorter than stock. But I'd recommended them for work trucks though cause you don't need to thinker with shock lenght, and having a heavy linear rate they don't move much (say you went with 1211's or 1223's you'll only sag them 5/16 with a 200lbs cap) They'll run with the stock shocks, they have a few different selections, 1210's are 25% stiffer (516 lbs per inch), TT1223V or VT are 35% stiffer and variable, but only the VT is 0.25" longer than stock, the other is shorter (560 lbs per inch) and their HD springs (TT 1211, and TT 1223, 638 lbs per inch).

Icons 1.5" are also 1.5" longer, but they feature progressive/variable rates that change with load. Icon only advertise they're 75% stiffer than stock on their 2nd rate. Their 1st rate is softer than stock, they used to advertised 25% softer than stock. I don't know what rate they hold in between the softer and their heaviest rate. I ran them with 500lbs of permanent weight and i ate 1" out of them, i was still still lifted 1/2" over stock. They don't sag like linear rate shocks once you reach their next heavy rate (they'll switch to 360lbs/inc each, so that requieres 720lbs to drop them one inch).

I'm running even longer than Icon springs, Clayton 2.5" springs, mostly cause i didnt want a spacer in my truck (i was running 1" spacer to recover the 1" i had lost with the extra weight using Icons), and i wanted longer offroad shocks (i'm running 28.75 extended shocks now compared to the 25.5 stocker) with something that could support weight. In this case the Claytons are not RAM specific but they came from the 2020 Jeep Gladiator aftermarket and are perfect in my case for expedition tasks. they advertise 3 spring rates: 1st rate is softer than stock, 2nd rate is 35% stiffer just like TT coils, 560lbs/inch, and a 3rd rate 75% stiffer like Icons, so 720lbs required to drop them 1 inch. you start with a 21.5" spring as opposed to the 18.25" ones, and without weight i'm sure you'll go 2.5". Icon and Clayton seem to have very similar rates, mostly cause i'm eating almost a full 1" from them with 500lbs in the bed, and i still have a full 1.5" lift.

Normal 500lbs of extra weight in the bed
50391444618_88d43d5abe_h.jpg2020-09-27_06-08-00 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

This how much they sag with 1600lbs, never felt my bumpstops on the fwy, they feel much much better than the stockers ever did with weight, granted i don't have stock anything in the back of the truck anymore so all of those aftermarket parts also contribute to a better ride under max weight.

50138314178_328009ee10_h.jpg2020-07-21_04-47-49 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Sorry for the long winded reply. I get carried away with this chit sometimes. Later i can use what i wrote to make a similar reply but way shorter :)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Check out jbaoffroad.com
JBA makes a great upper control arm. Spend a few minutes on the website reading about them and watching a couple videos about the UCA. I think they’re one of the best out there, especially for the price.

I ordered some for my own truck and should have them in hand next week! I’ll post a review once I’ve had a chance to use them for a bit.

OP
OP
B

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
I ordered some for my own truck and should have them in hand next week! I’ll post a review once I’ve had a chance to use them for a bit.

I'll be interested to hear on them as i read some people had clearance issues with them hitting wheel/tire

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be interested to hear on them as i read some people had clearance issues with them hitting wheel/tire

I put the JBA’s on about a year ago. No clearance issues for me. Tire is a 285/75/17 on Method Race Wheels. Also have Fox 2.5’s with reservoirs. No problems with the coil overs or the reservoir hose.
I didn’t like The JBA’s in red. It didn’t match my truck. Had them powder coated black for $50

OP
OP
B

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
Ok so my Eibach front shocks and springs are still not here. I haven't ordered the rear stuff yet but because of this delay i'm thinking about going with different stuff.
So there is no truck cap anymore to worry about.
What springs and shocks for rear would match up fairly well with the Eibach front stuff.
I want similar sort of price range to the eibach stuff.
I did think about the superlift 140 springs for rear.

What are my options in this sort of range for rear shock and springs?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so my Eibach front shocks and springs are still not here. I haven't ordered the rear stuff yet but because of this delay i'm thinking about going with different stuff.
So there is no truck cap anymore to worry about.
What springs and shocks for rear would match up fairly well with the Eibach front stuff.
I want similar sort of price range to the eibach stuff.
I did think about the superlift 140 springs for rear.

What are my options in this sort of range for rear shock and springs?

I have not used the Eibach struts but I have used both the Bilstein 5100 struts/shocks and ProComp struts/shocks, and stock springs and Superlift 140's and Eibach springs.. had the suspension apart and together a lot of times trying to get it all just right.

The ProComps are considerably less firm than the Bilsteins, much softer feeling on everyday bumps but less responsive if you want or need to change direction quickly. I don't know where the Eibachs fit in there. The ProComps are inexpensive, but also just purely on visual appearances they do look a bit cheaper - little stuff like the welds, the finish. All good enough I'm sure - not to imply they're low quality but you hold them side by side with the Bilstein shocks and you can tell which one is the lower priced set despite that both are on the affordable side.

Seems like everyone has an opinion about the Superlift 140's, in my case they came with the Mopar lift kit I put on my Ram when it was new. Since my truck is a reg cab short bed I got a lot more lift out of them than 140" wheelbase trucks would. That lift is a bit of why I decided to switch them out, I don't like how the front of the truck rides with the whole 2.8" front lift (stock springs/Bilsteins) and any less there's a whole lot of rake.. more than stock. When I switched them out for the Eibach rear springs it solved the excessive lift problem, rides very well. Like the Superlifts the Eibach rear springs are progressive so they don't feel rough despite a claimed increase in spring rate.

20201001_165213.jpg

End of the day I wound up running Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs on four corners. I don't know if it's the best it can be but it's the best combination of tight handling and forgiving compliance I've enjoyed so far. Well, ride is subjective everyone likes something different.

20201002_182426.jpg
20201002_165732_HDR.jpg
20201001_170023.jpg

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out jbaoffroad.com

Like novelmike says...they're great UCAs. I've had mine on for over a year.

20190625_234157_zpssothnrag.jpg
20191227_170504_zpsksokbwnp.jpg