Who Still has a Life-Time Warranty in Effect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamj12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just to let anyone know that has a Mopar Lifetime Maxcare service contract and high mileage, they denied my last two repairs of covered items due to my 2013 Ram 1500 high mileage (since my truck was over 166k).) Even though my front end upper control arms (denied August 2020) and lower control arms (denied Oct 2021) are both specifically listed as covered in the contract. They denied both repairs as wear since the truck was over 150k miles. Nowhere in the service contract does it say that a cover item changes to a wear item at a certain mileage or days in service. I sent the service contract people a letter requesting reimbursement for the lower control arms, so I have to wait and see how that goes. Just beware.
When my lower control arms were denied (October 2021 denied (see above quote) due wear above 150k miles) with my lifetime maxcare warranty, I submitted a claim to be reimburse for the $2050 repair, well after 14 months just got a check for the full amount. No note or letter just the check. Can't complain except for how long it took, wish I submitted the upper control arms denial.

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
I have a 2013 I bought new with the Mopar Lifetime Maxcare service contract. I have not had a claim for a few years now (truck would have been under 100,000 miles at that time) but the claims I did have where exhaust bolts and a O2 sensor. No issues with either.

I just picked up a 2011 for my son and the guy that had it before us had the Mopar Lifetime Maxcare service contract too. long story short part of our deal was he would take it in and have a few things fixed and I would pay. This was due to us waiting till the car he ordered came in. Which was almost a month after our deal. Dealer even found one item I missed and fixed it no question asked the Truck has 124,000 miles on it. most were typical used car stuff but figure I ended up with a very sound truck for my son. I'm very happy with what I got him, and so is he!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I still do on the 2012 I gave my son, since it's still registered to me. Still haven't remotely broke even. $350 repair was covered for a $100 deductible (coil pack).

The lifetime is the most likely to pay off, but it's still just better odds at the same slot machine. I haven't bought a warranty since, and only bought that one because lifetime. Wife's car, my current truck, my current car, no warranty other than original one and no repairs needed.

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tranny rebuild - $4-5K??
Exhaust manifold bolts (both sides) - $1500?
Thermostat - $200?
Emissions system leak - $500?
Radio - $1100

Guess I should update my list. Add on a new engine at 120K miles. Doing some basic research online it looks like a new 6.4 Hemi is around $8500 + shipping and installation. So, 12K? 13K?

NICK YAEGER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’ve got a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Express and purchased the warranty for $2300. I’ve had the computer that controls the cruise control replaced, front drivers wheel assembly replaced, and front drivers ball joint replaced. 142k miles and going strong. I do have a question, I have a spot on the bottom of my drivers quarter panel rusting through, right behind the mud flap. Is that covered under the Maxcare warranty too?

slickracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have it on my 2018 Big Horn crew cab....bought it right before they stopped selling them.

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Was going to start a new thread but figured this old one I started a few years ago is relevant enough so I'll revive it. Just a friendly reminder from my OP:

PLEASE, NO WARRANTY BASHING OR FEASABILITY TALK - Go fight it out on one of 1000 other threads on the subject. We've all read it before - warranty companies are in it to make money, put the money in your IRA, warranties are a bad deal, etc, etc, etc.

Sooooo, my main question is about the end of the Lifetime Warranty. The contract says when a needed repair exceeds the NADA value, they'll pay me the value and it's over (almost makes me cry to think of such a day). It turns out JD Power bought NADA but still largely does their values so is it safe for a reasonable person to assume it would just be the JD Power value now? I imagine there's no concrete answer to this so I guess I'm wondering if anyone has ever had the end of one of these glorious warranties come up? As in, have you ever been, "cashed out" due to a repair exceeding your truck's value?

At first a "Lifetime" warranty seems ludicrous but when you factor in how often people trade or wreck their trucks it's probably not a bad thing from the manufacturer's standpoint. As I type this I ironically just realized that yesterday was 10 years to the day since I drove my truck off the lot (St. *****'s Day so I always remember).

As a quick recap, I had one tranny failure under factory warranty at 38K and a second at 90K that was covered under Maxcare Lifetime. Other new goodies I've received include exhaust manifold bolts, a new 8.4 Uconnect screen/brain and an entire new crate engine. So, needless to say, they are sorry they sold me the warranty.

Anyway, back to my main question.... anyone actually get cashed out/kicked out of a glorious Maxcare Lifetime plan?

Edit: I just noticed the dirty word spell checker blocked out P a d d y.... as in St. Patrick's Day.... Did I miss a "woke" moment? Is that now offensive?